Is curing necessary for Hash?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by FlaTransplant, Oct 24, 2009.

1. I was sitting outside and enjoying a burn when I ruminated on one of the processes for making hash....
    Is it truely necessary (or beneficial) to take the bud past drying and into curing IF one is to make hash?
    Personally I don't see the point but then I'm probably more ignorant than I know and that is why I am asking

Thanx

2. Naw i wouldnt think so? ive never made hash, but the more parts the better right?

3. yea im not 100% but id say you could skip curing as thats done for taste/smoothness etc but making hash would get rid of that anyway

4. Good question which I really don't know the answer to. When I made QWISO hash, I would do it as soon as the trimmings got dry but I could definitely believe curing first would make a difference. It always surprised me what a positive effect curing has on the potency of weed.

5. Thats why I say I can see why the initial drying is beneficial. As to curing it is stated that that is to allow the moisture from the stems to travel back to the bud and to allow time for the compounds to further break down and equalize (for lack of better terms).
    Hash, I would think wouldn't necessarily benefit from that... I want the trichs and the remaining material is discarded (if I understand it right).

Things that make me go hmmmm

6. From what I know, along with make smoke cleaner, curing also converts all the suger into THC...so you might want to cure but it isnt totally neccessary. Also, I usually use all my shake, stems, and leaves to make my hash. and who in their right mind would cure stems.

7. Well that would be a miracle of chemistry.

No need to cure hash. The primary purpose of curing is to improve the taste of the smoke. When chopped, the buds have a lot of chlorophyll (which tastes like crap and can give you a pounding headache), after the chop the chlorophyll breaks down and the byproducts dissipate. If you let it break down too quickly the result will be a very bland, flat taste, so curing seals up the buds as the chlorophyll is breaking down, which causes it to break down more slowly. You "burp" the cure by letting it air out 10-15 minutes a day to release those gases and thus allowing the chlorophyll to continue breaking down slowly.

P.S. THC is produced by the plant as a sunscreen.

8. No, we are not talking about curing Hash, we are talking about curing the plant PRIOR to making hash, past the initial drying it SEEMS redundant... I'm not overly interested in THC breaking down further into canibinols, I personally don't want a couchlock feel. So beyond developing the buzz I'm not getting it.

9. If your making qwiso I think it would be beneficial because the cure would break down chlorophyll which you don't want in your hash.

10. NO! If ur making qwiso hash throw EVERYTHING in the alcohol! I make qwiso wit the leftover plant matter from males, so the leaves sticking ouy of the cola are fine dude u wont get a headache, ur just gunna end up with less qwiso if u leave anything out. If i were you id dry pretty much all of the plant i wasnt going to smoke and add that in with the cola you want to use. But thats just me...waste not; want not.

11. Hey so guys, the reason you cure bud is to convert the chemical THC-A to the THC we all know and love.

I would assume curing bud before making hash would not only make the hash stronger, but also tastier.

12. DONT TRIM OR CURE IT! I make qwiso from the leftover MALE plant matter, so some resinous, frosty leaves protruding from your bud should not be a dissapointment. Depending on how much hash you want, id use only stems, or at very least DONT cure ur colas and add the extra stems in aswell. Because the alcohol is gunna strip all the thc off, theres no reason to cure. WASTE NOT; WANT NOT, my friend!

13. Oops sorry for that double post my itouch is retarded...... -_____-