Is Criticizing Israel Anti-Semitic ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Just don't release it near the Iranian warships:eek:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9whehyybLqU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9whehyybLqU[/ame]

2. Criticizing Israel, and demonizing Israel are two very different things. Unfortunatly, quite the few (including the OP) is more on the demonizing bandwagon, rather than uttering reasonable criticism. Putting Israel under the microscope, whilst at the same time turning a blind eye to what the islamic enemies of Israel do and say.

3. The first step towards the Holocaust for the Nazis was to describe an international Jewish conspiracy that constituted an existential threat to Germany and the Nazi state.

They manipulated Jewish media, even promoted outright forgeries that "proved" this threat. As a result, the German people were not sympathetic to the plight of the Jew.

The German people believed it and largely turned a blind eye to the atrocities that the Nazis perpetrated on the Jews. Many Germans genuinely believed it was best for Germany and that any acts of aggression against the Jews was merely defensive actions to preserve the security of the German state.

This allowed the Nazis to limit the movements of Jews within the German state and impose curfews for Jews.

Then they moved all the Jews into Jew-only neighborhoods.

Then they built walls around those neighborhoods.

Then they denied the Jews inside those walled neighborhoods basic sanitation, clean water, and even the ability to produce their own food.

Later, they took all the Jews out of the Ghettos and transferred them to death camps to be eliminated.

Israel has described an international Muslim conspiracy that poses an existential threat to Israel and the Jewish state.

They have manipulated muslim media and promoted outright forgeries that prove this thread.

Middle East Media Research Institute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Israeli people genuinely believe in this conspiracy and the actions of the Israeli government are justified in their eyes. And because they are just reactions to the Muslim conspiracy, any act of agression against Muslims is justified in the interest of preservation of the Jewish state.

Israel has limited the movement of Muslim citizens within Israeli state. They have imposed curfews.

They have moved the Muslims in Israel to their own neighborhoods.

They have built walls around those neighborhoods.

They have denied basic sanitation, clean water, even the ability for Gazans to produce their own food.

How Israel's naval blockade denies Gazans food, aid - CSMonitor.com

By Israel's actions, I guess everything the Nazis did to Jews before they put them on trains and shipped them off to death camps was A-OK.

By Israel's actions, if some of those Jews in the Ghettos had built make-shift rockets and fired them at the German citizenry that turned a blind eye to the action of the Nazi's would have been terrorists and Germans bombing the Ghettos would have been justified.

If believing this makes me an anti-semite, then I am an anti-semite.

Being anti-semite (by this definition) doesn't mean I want to see them all killed. Doesn't mean I supported the actions of the Nazis. Doesn't mean I don't want them to have less rights than non-Jews.

I don't.

I just don't want them to have the special right to commit inhumane acts just because inhumane acts have been committed on them in the past.

4. Similar to how some (including yourself) demonize all things Islamic...

5. Actually Israel didn't describe it, however Israel's enemies did describe it in plain detail:

1948: UN partitions Palestine into Jewish and Arab states, Arabs reject it and launch 5 armies with british trained, superior weaponry to "Push all of the Jews into the sea" (according to the commander of the Arab legion).

1956: Feyadeen from Sinai attack israeli civillians, forcing Israeli response

1967: Nasser, while calling on the destruction of israel, amasses 1,000,000 in the Sinai desert, calls on Jordan and Syria and to help him eliminate Israel

1973: Once again, multiple Arab armies launch a surprise attack on the most holy day of Judaism with the clearly stated goal of destroying Israel

1982: PLO launches attacks on Northern Israeli civillians from Lebanon, forcing Israel to stop them or else there would have been a mutiny against the Israeli govt. for not protecting its citizens.

1993: Israel attempts peace, Rabin is assassinated in 1995 for doing so

2000: After walking away from the most generous offer for a state ever proposed to the Palestinians, Yasser Arafat launches another war of attrition against the Israelis.

But sure, the Israelis made it up, Renaldo. The lengths to which you are willing to go to distort history and compare Israel to Hitler makes me fucking sick.

6. So two wrongs make a right (if Zylark ever wasn't telling the truth, which he was)?

7. Like those nutters who practically worship Baruch Goldstein ~shudder~

8. #48 SmokinP, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2011

I do not attempt to demonize Israel.
    I don't have to. The Israeli government through their actions take care of that.

Why do you think the 14 out of 15 (apart from the good ole US) members of the UN Security Council were in favour of the recent resolution concerning the illegal Israeli Settlements ?

If i am correct you are against these illegal Settlements and would like to see the settlers stopped ?
    What did you make of the US at the request of the Israeli government using their veto to block the resolution ?

9. Similarly, one could say Zylark doesn't have to, Muslims do it through promotion of Islam and their ridiculous scripture.

10. If we're judging the merit of religions on the silliness of their scriptures, they all share first place.

11. True, but the context here is how they are practiced. By and large muslims practice their scripture far more literally.. hence the existence of multiple states that enforce 10th century male supremacy laws.