Is COVID 19 overblown?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Ultramaxx, Dec 23, 2021.

1. To answer quite simply, because of the rate of infection. I think it's even higher survival than 97% - definitely here - but the problem lies in scale. That's the whole basis of the reaction. I too think it's overblown, and eerily authoritarian. Yet the argumentation is rock-solid.

If a hundred people get it, we're good. 3 people die, maybe 20 end up in intensive care. Can handle that.

If a thousand people get it, we're still ok. 30 people die, maybe 200 end up in intensive care. Can handle that.

If a hundred thousand get it - 3000 die. 20000 end up in intensive care, taking up valuable space in the hospitals. Beginning to get tight.

If a million get it, 30,000 die. 200,000 end up in intensive care. We don't have that many spots.

Now we've got a problem.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. US flu numbers from 2017-2018 season.
    950,000 hospitalized 61,000 deaths, over a 5 month period.

Omicron isn't the big bad bug covid once was, the drama can stop anytime.

An unvaccinated Christmas guest tested positive 4 or 5 days after our family gathering. Later his wife and her son tested positive they are both 3 shot current vaccinated. No hospitalizations but all counted in the total infected. Maybe they should test for the flu like they test for covid they may have something scarier than omicron and don't even realize it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–2018_United_States_flu_season#Effects

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. #64 AdultBaby1, Jan 11, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    Here are some things that are concerning lately.

-Why did the FDA all of a sudden ban NAC (N-acetyl cysteine)? An OTC supplement/drug that is very good at anti inflammatory affects and greatly reduces covid symptoms and has little side effects.

-Why did the CDC director come out now and say and i'm paraphrasing "75% of covid deaths came for people with AT LEAST 4 other comorbidities"

-Why is there a rush to vaccinate kids now? I thought kids weren't affected. There were like close to 0 known problematic covid cases amongst kids. Having all the kids go thru this will undoubtedly cause harm to some.

-Why did youtube stop showing disapproval ratings?

-What happened to the delta variant? Surely it didn't disappear just because the media stopped talking about it

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Wait til apple pumps out the new covid20

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Are people that scared they are actually getting boosters? It’s soooo incorrect to call this a vaccine.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Because if people knew that, they wouldnt be so scared of it. Most of the people who have died were hanging on by a thread. Not trying to downplay the value of life. Its just that the average person that died from it only lost a few years of life and those were not going to be "good years". If it was killing a lot of youth and people were losing a potential 20-60 "good years", well thats something to take very very seriously. People just arent concerned about a bug going around thats killing off people who have been smoking 3 packs a day for 50 years and I cant blame them for their lack of concern.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. All an attempted smokescreen for the big reset. The smoke always clears out,get ready for some real shit.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wow this is onto something. What do you think may happen?

9. I haven't seen any sick people. I've never heard of a friend or family member mention someone is sick for a few years now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Patience baby.

11. I had a cousin that had liver cancer and kidney shutdown but the cause of death was listed as Covid. Could that be considered overblown? Of course it was.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. The new world order has begun. Everyone hide in your tents.
    Screenshot_20220202-043548_Google.jpg

13. The preventative measures of the pandemic is what destroyed and kllled many lives, much more than the virus itself. Now they Phfizer is trying to force vaccination on kids 5 years or less.

They can't even keep a straight face. The MSM is like monkeys that warn the herd (us) of a non-danger (fox) and the stampede killed more livestock.

14. Overblown? Let's ask the 5.76 million worldwide that have died from it as of Feb. 8th, 2022. (Yesterday, for those of you who ignore facts) 5.76 million people who are not only dead, but died a death seasoned nurses call horrific. Nope, not overblown.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  15. #76 mikeyboy, Feb 9, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
    @Storm Crow Look at all the red X's. Lol What exactly could be the "disagreement" Granny?

To you guys who "disagree" with me. Maybe we can agree on this?
    :passtheshit:

16. of those, how many had at least 3 comorbidities and were praying not to see their next birthday? about 90%. Ive been in many nursing homes (where most deaths occurred) and conditions there were horrific long before covid came around.

Total deaths are still under 1% of the worlds population and the vast majority of those who have passed already had one foot in the grave. Forgive my lack of concern for those who have passed who were on oxygen still smoking 3 packs a day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. The disagreement is that it most definitely is overblown.

Worldwide, tobacco use causes more than 7 million deaths per year. If the pattern of smoking all over the globe doesn't change, more than 8 million people a year will die from diseases related to tobacco use by 2030

Something that is entirely preventable kills more people every year than a "pandemic" has in 2 years. That is why its overblown.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. I'm no longer really concerned about our opinions on this matter. You, in particular, and I are way off on the wrong page here man. I just think maybe we can just agree to disagree, and be cool about it. That's my opinion on this whole thread.

Let's just treat each other like peace loving stoners.
    :gc_rocks:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Not trying to start a fight, just sayin' tobacco kills twice as many people per year yet how much effort do we see in ending the tobacco industry? Tobacco should be scheduled as more dangerous than meth, heroin, etc etc. For how addictive and lethal it is, I would expect to see a 20 year mandatory minimum for possession of tobacco. Manufacture and distribution? Death penalty.

If just 1/4 of the effort weve put into "stopping the spread" went to "stopping tobacco", imagine how many more lives could have been saved.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1