Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is coughing normal ?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by caribbeanking4, Mar 29, 2010.

1. I cough so badly sometimes I cant even finish the joint .. and it continues for like 5-10 mins after I blaze...any advise? is this normal?

2. depends on some shit, how long you been puffing for, how good is the herb, do you smoke cigs... Asthma.... any shit like that can effect your uhh cough ratio i guess i would call it lol

3. Youre inhaling burning plant matter and paper into your lungs, obviously your lungs are going to reject it if your new to it. So yea, its normal.

4. Go easy. Start slow. Smaller hits. Ice water or cold drink at hand.

Ramp up slowly. You'll adjust, it's a natural thing.

5. I get a smoother smoke if I don't use a joint. Try a nice glass pipe or vaporizer if you can. Glass pipes can be had online for around $10, too.

6. i still cough my guts up after a few large bong hits ... when i first started i would be constantly coughing but the more you smoke the better your body deals with it .. like mentioned up above small hits at first .. if the weed you have is a harsh smoke anyways it will definately not help

7. dont rip it so hard maybe? i have a friend who every rip rips the bong or pipe as hard as he can and then ends up nearly puking over it. why would you do that to yourself

8. This is random but,

The highest I've ever gotten, is when I smoked half a blunt and had to quit because I was coughing so bad. I think it might add to your high..but maybe its just being tiered after coughing for 10 mins lol.

But I've smoked blunts before and not gotten as high as I did caughing like shit.

But to answer your question Yeah it's norm. If your new especially, a seasoned toker will be able to handle it without coughing though.

9. I smoked cigs for like a year recently moved to weed...

10. Puff, then inhale. That's what I do