Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

- Is college necessary?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by EddieNashton, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Technically it's cloth, I think.

2. [quote name='"mushroomsatsuji"']
    Future bum here[/quote]

Not at all....but nothing in my life will ever be motivated by $$...its sad how our entire world is so dedicated to it

3. [quote name='"nic cage"']

Need that paper for trees though mayne[/quote]

No u don't...grow your own

4. I just want enough. Not a lot.

5. The education bubble is about to burst, so no... college isn't necessary. I would still look at some type of technical/trade school at very least, but public and/or private universities will have you climbing out of a hole of debt for the foreseeable future.

6. [quote name='"sk8njam"']

No u don't...grow your own[/quote]

Cause that's free, right?

7. I get paid a grand to do whatever with each semester so I like it

8. [quote name='"nic cage"']

Cause that's free, right?[/quote]

I never said it was....but one successful grow could finance itself and many others

9. Look at the billionaires...a lot of them didn't finish college...then again geniuses don't need to finish college. In my opinion, it is necessary if you want to work for other people, it is not if you work for yourself.

10. You know it's legend, not legand right?

11. I guess you could debate the effectiveness of a BA in todays economy as far as getting a job. But ever had a conversation with someone who got their degree in 4 years versus someone who worked the whole time? There's exceptions to every rule, and every one knows the kids that partied their way through school and some people can just do that. For the most part though I would say theres a really easily identifiable difference between higher education and high school mentalities...

College isn't just about the knowledge you gain, its about learning how to handle all of the real world pressures and becoming a critical thinker. Learning to use effective methods of problem solving and not just swinging in the dark whenever an issue arises. I say college, every time. I went military first, gave me a lot of perspective, I still say college first, military second either way.

12. It depends on you, your mental capabilities, what you want to do and how much capital you have.

Wanting to work for yourself is great, but unless you know all about business plans, market research and a lot about the field you want to enter...plan to join the majority of small businesses which fail.

Whether it comes from college, trade school, some other learning institution or direct experience, education is essential. I say this as a college dropout myself, who has made a good living so far working for others. There is always a chance that jobs I go after in the future won't be open to me because of the lack of college...but typically my work history/knowledge is good enough. I went into a career field I started dabbling with at the age of 13. If I ever decide to change fields I will probably have more issues than someone with the four year degree, but I am not too concerned.

13. In this particular time?

Nope. My nephew (who is 17) was telling me about how he went to the McDonalds hiring day, and he was competing with people who had fucking degrees. In shit times like this it's not necessary. That's just crazy to me, to flip burgers for $8 he had to compete like it was some amazing job.

Hell, I guess it's safe to say it's never really necessary. You don't need a college education to get mad money, but it sure does help the cause.

14. 4 years of minimum wage salary is nothing

College is not necessary but it helps a LOT, you kind of have to be lucky or really smart to find something that makes good dough with no higher :)smoke: ) education

15. yeah most millionares/billionares didnt go to college or even highschool but most of them are 50 years old or older.

back then times and economu was way different, now we are having a lot young millionares (im talking people in they 30s and 40s, even late 20s) and i can assure you that atleast the %80 of them went to college.

shit, i dont want to go to college, i wanna make business too but reality is that just by going to college a lot of doors will open for you, like u might not need it and you are mentally prepared to be succesful, but if u go to callege everything will be easier/better

plus, i bet afte a couple years youll want a better house, or a better car, or start a family and thats when you realize making just the enough money to bill wont be enough.

16. im sorry for the grammar, im high and im on an ipod :)

17. It completely depends on your life goals

18. Im always confused when americans mention college or similar.......

Do you mean year 11, college, 6th form, or university?

lol

19. [quote name='"sith"']Im always confused when americans mention college or similar.......

Do you mean year 11, college, 6th form, or university?

lol[/quote]

Usually people are talking about a 4 year bachelors degree at a university. We also have community college, where you can get a two year associates degree.

20. it's in inside joke, no worries