Is Climate Change A Serious Problem?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by maxrule, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Here we have an AP pole that finds the opposite result of many recent polls and as the article states, gives a boost to those who intend to vote for new climate-change legislation. :rolleyes:

2. I find it hard to believe either side.

3. after the climategate e-mails, climate change is about as scary as a zombie Al Gore klown that gives out free weed and has the munchies

4. Polls can be easily biased towards a particular side of the issue and a poll doesn't prove anything (argumentum ad populum).

Personally, these polls about climate change have about as much sway with me as the current weather.

5. No, its a total hoax. The only thing thats kept this false 'science' popular is the fear thats resulted from it becoming mainstream.

6. More laws from the government only serve to make you more of a slave to the system. In the event of some global climate disaster, do you think any government will be able to prevent it? On occurence, do you think they will be more effective than if individuals banded together to come up with a plan? And if it is a hoax, do you think that laws on a nonexistent problem are good?

7. Is it a hoax, is it natural? I do not know, I guess only a handful of people in the world know whats truly going on.

What I do know is that we should at least try to stop global warming. Whether we are causing it or not, it is definitely happening. We may be able to stop it, and a simple look at the possible consequences will tell you all you need to know.

Imagine we are really causing it, we could stop it, and we dont. Ouch. If we try to stop it, but cant, well, its worth the risk, dont you think?

Well, obviously the OP does not, but hes a radical right wing christian, so sorry maxrule, but you automaticly lose any credibility for me. I could argue, but as soon as this guy realizes hes got himself into a bit of a pickle, he doesnt reply back, so :wave:

8. dont think so. i lol at global warming and Al Gore. he's super cereal though so idk...

9. Thats the thing though, it isn't 'definitely happening'. It isnt happening at all, actually. Thats the fucked up thing about it, lol.

10. What are you even talking about?

first you said "Is it a hoax, is it natural?" and then you said "it is definitely happening"

The climate Nazis were caught perpetrating a hoax, climate change is natural and it happens all the time.

How do you catch someone red handed in an attempt to defraud you and and then give them credibility with out question?

You go ahead and give the climate crooks your money and see if that helps. :rolleyes:

How do you keep from getting ripped off every single day of the week?

11. I believe that man-made climate change is entirely probable.

However, some of the legislation introduced to 'combat' global "warming" (when it is really not warming, but rather an exaggeration of both sides of the spectrum) isn't entirely honest to the public, nor does it effectively negate man's effects on the environment but instead aims to make profit from it.

Whether or not I believe global climate change is a problem?

Sure, it could be. I don't really think there's anything we can do to change the direction we're going though (in all honesty) without a complete re-vamp of infrastructure and energy production . . .

The chances of that happening doesn't seem very likely, and I think that the legislation centering around climate change is just another excuse for the government to introduce regulation and tax a certain by-product of modern living that is inescapable ...

. . . . So in one way or another - yes, it is a problem . . . .

12. The globe is cooling, just look at this historic snowstorm that hit the east coast.

Global cooling, easy. Lets move on and go back to drillin', choppin', and just good ol' po-llutin'.

13. i was watching a show on discovery or history (one of those) and what i gathered from it is that yes humans do have an impact on climate change but not to the point where Gore is taking it to. The Scientist said that its a natural occurence so there is nothing the government can do to stop it. Ya maybe we can help the situation by cuttting back as a population and stop buying so much crap that we dont need, that seems more green than anything. Also this whole "going green" phenomenon thats going around is just another fad. People are still oblivious to the fact that buying "green" products might have some earth friendly value to it but most of the time its just as bad as the other product. Much like the prius. Its actually just as bad, if not worse than a hummer. If anyone wants the like il try finding it again. sorry im rambling.

14. How am I "giving the climate crooks" my money? Im not donating to anyone, all I am personally doing is trying not to use so much electricity and gas. But climate change or not, thats good because im saving money.

The only money going against climate change is some of my taxes, and as long as I dont want to be thrown into prison for being born into a society I never wanted to be part of anyway, I have to pay them. I dont mind my taxes going to combat climate change for one reason though: thats a couple of dollars less going to finance wars. And that, I think we can all agree, is a good thing.

You see, I could ask you the exact thing. Unless you have completely isolated yourself, and I doubt that because you happen to have a computer, you are paying taxes. And a part of those taxes will be "wasted" on fighting climate change. Dont talk down on me for financing this shit, because whether you like it or not, you are doing it too, just as much as me. Because when you think about it, we dont really have a choice. We could start a revolution, sure, but thats not going to happen because no matter how rotten things are know, there still way to good for most to complain.

15. I guess you are using some kind of logic. Tax money will always be wasted.

I will not support a global ponzi scheme that raises the price of everything needlessly. This crap will end up costing way more lives than it saves.

China, and Venezuela have been seeding clouds, the US military has done it in the past and that has to effect the weather. The US government is cooking the atmosphere with HARP and that has been going on for some time. There are several active volcanoes around the globe and a giant ball of gas in the sky that has a little something to say about the temperature on Earth. None of this is even factored in to so called climate science. :rolleyes:

There are plenty of other factors that are being ignored. The only purpose is to control society and undermine human progress.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fl9fESYVFY]YouTube - Alex Jones: Copenhagen births World Gov't framework despite fallout over science fraud[/ame]

17. No shit Sherlock. But, as I said, id rather it was wasted on anything other than creating death showers.

The best form of authority is no authority.

18. "Content with being the Lesser of Two Evils"

That should be the motto for all the spineless liberals cheering on the ruination of this country.

19. Stop paying your taxes then (if you haven't already) . . .

20. #20 edward, Dec 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2009