is car dashboard reflectors ok for growing?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by user101, May 24, 2011.

1. ok so i had the thought instead of mylar or tin foil why not just use the silver car dashboard reflectors to reflect light for my plants? watcha think?

2. Just curious..Why did you have this thought to begin with [​IMG]..whats the appeal or thought process behind using these items in place of mylar?? Saving money?

Flat white paint does the trick...

3. Don't use tin foil man... Use flat white paint, panda film or mylar....Car reflectors can work if they have mylar. :)

4. well i dont want to use tin foil anymore so i had the thought that this is just like the mylar people use as good reflectors for there plants. so i bought one today and i think i will have great success with this idea well hopefully anyway ha.

5. Well at least you aren't using tin foil any more :) . I still can't think of what you are talking about exactly with the dashboard reflectors but let us know how it turns out. :smoke::smoke:

6. i will thanks!

7. hey the silver things that block the light out of your windshield while parked, right? and yeah id assume they are covered with a super thin low grade mylar or something almost identical, only thing is it insulates somewhat if it has the thin foam backing.:smoke: fans:wave:

8. yup thats it. i put it up last night and it seems to be working great so far, and plus it muffles the sound of my noisy fan alot more so thats always a good thing!

9. Ha ha, ok...now I know what you are talking about...the things you put in your windshield ha ha :D.

If it works I can't say don't use it but I'd still look into some black and white or white paint or mylar, something you know is gonna reflect 90%+ light. I'd guess that thing insulates a lot of heat (since thats what its designed for) which will be your enemy going into summer..best of luck to you. :smoke::smoke: