is buying seeds online a good idea or not?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by untamedlion33, Feb 24, 2011.

1. i always shop online for my first grow i used seeds i got out of the bag my dealer gave me. they are growing good but i hear "designer" seeds are a lot better. but i just have this image in my head of the package coming through a usps warehouse and dogs sniffing out every package and there's my package with my name and address on it. like thats not a red flag as to what i plan on doing, lol. has anyone been arrested for this?

2. I do, but then it isn't illegal to have seeds here in France. For me, I just like knowing what it is that i'm growing.

There are companies that send them discreetly. Attitude seems to get beans to the US succesfully from what i've read on here.

3. Yep attitude will get em to you for sure....

4. i dont see how attitude would help anything either.... i guess if im nice to the dea maybe they wont arrest me. i seriously doubt they are that forgiving lol.

5. There is nothing to worry about. The worst that will happen is you get your seeds confiscated. That's why crazyboy420 recommended attitude. They are the best at actually getting seeds to your door. If your shit gets confiscated one of 2 things will happen. a) Nothing. Your package just never arrives or b) you get a letter from customs saying your shit was jacked by them.

If you are too paranoid still, you probably shouldn't even be growing.

6. Everyone I know orders from Attitude. They will ship more stealthly, if you order a t shirt or something, if someone is more paranoid.

7. lol i did'nt know attitude was a seed company. guess that threw me off. im not particularly paranoid just i think understandably cautious

8. I am aware of only one case where someone in the USA was arrested for importing seeds, and that was a severe case so they wanted to make an example of him. While no one can tell you what will happen, what we can tell is what has happened in the past -- when Customs has intercepted a seed shipment they have opened it, confiscated the seeds, inserted a letter saying that illegal contraband has been confiscated, and then they forwarded it on to the original recipient. So it has not been a big risk up until now. The past often is a good predictor of the future, but no one can tell you that Customs or DEA won't start coming down hard starting tomorrow.

Best to have seeds sent to a different address than the grow op, and also best not to use a credit card. One reason Customs only confiscated and there is no prosecution is that the proof isn't there. "So seeds were being sent to me Your Honor, I don't know anything about that. Sounds like someone pulling a joke or trying to get me in trouble." But that denial defense is kind of hard to pull off if you have a credit card transaction showing you authorized the purchase.

As for bagseed vs. buying genetics, don't automatically assume that bought genetics are better. That bagseed came from somewhere and could be killer genetics as well, the only thing that makes it bagseed is your own lack of knowledge about it. It should grow out at least as potent as the bag it came from, possibly better since you will be giving the plant individual attention that a commercial grower would not. And bagseed is a great way to start with learning about how to grow -- why spend money on seeds if there is a good chance you will kill them in the learning process anyway?

There are plenty of discussions on the risks of shipping seeds and such in the Security section and in the Seedbank section here at GC, check those out as well.

9. thanks alot toasty this was a big help. thats what i figured its why i did my first grow via bag seed.