Is bottom leaves falling off normal?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mance4185, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Hey, quick question. Is it normal for some lower leaves to fall off? My gals are nice and bushy, about 4 feet tall, still vegging, I haven’t don’t any pruning. Some of those lower branches that get very little to no light are kinda droopy, small and skimpy looking have leaves falling off. Not a whole lot of leaves a few per plant. They’re like fragile so when I stick the watering can nozzle in the bush to get it close to the soil it’ll brush up against the smaller branches and a few leaves will fall off. Again the top 3 feet of the bush have nice giant fan leaves that perk up when the lights come on it’s just the lower ones that are droopy

Also I was gonna take clones from these lower branches. If I take clones and put them under some t5s do you think they’ll perk up? Is it just the lack of sunlight that is making em look skimpy?

2. Hey Mance,
    Yes its perfectly normal. If your lights dont penetrate to the bottom leaves they just die off. This is why its good practice to clean under your canopy before going to flower.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app