Is BoroMarket one of a kind?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by jayhawks22, May 11, 2011.

1. You should be responsible for who you invite...If you invite a scammer I would expect the person who invited them to be held responsible for introducing that person to the community, as far as I can tell from this site there are like maybe ten people on here that would actually benefit and use a script. Everyone else is just whining because they can't see whats going on...

2. yeah it's a valid point, you should be responsible for invites.

i just don't like the idea that if someone else fucks up, it's my fault.

but since this wouldn't be effected by warnings or bannings i guess it's fine. you'd have to invite a real scammer to get in trouble. and not many people could really pull off a scam on there anyway, you'd have to be smooth

3. Don't invite anyone then...Its so easy to scam someone. You don't have to be smooth, they aren't smooth...

4. Unfortunately cause of that fear,many people won't use their invites. I want on there but I don't expect anyone on here sticking their neck out for me, understandably

5. yeah like i said i won't be inviting. but i used to recommend the site all the time online, so it's kind of their loss is all i meant.

you can scam easily but you'd have to have the glass to take pictures. so really how many scams could you pull off before the ban hammer. it's not rocket science anyone could do it if they knew what we know about the site and paypal. there's faster ways to be crooked though.

6. #46 122walls, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Scammers are everywhere. . Sounds like the community would WEED out any fakes that get on there. Like I said, I think an escrow system to buy or bid would be awesome and open up business for sellers

7. You sold a piece that you let get all messed up with hard water etching and didnt state that in the ad? Then you got sour and tried to blame it on your water instead of your own inexperience?lol No wonder they making it invite only. Talk about some nub shit right dur, cant have nubs of that calibre and call yourself high-end, lol. I'd be PISSED if i bought your piece w/out that fact being reflected in the price. Only a nub doesnt know to use distilled to rinse and fill with(or regular vinegar baths) when dealing with high end, functional glass art and definitely shouldnt be selling ANYTHING till he educates himself on the subject..

8. pound sand buddy.

bottled or filtered water was/is always used in my pieces when smoking/vaping.

you can not clean a piece with filtered water, it would take forever. if you want to do that then enjoy, i have better things to do.

no damage is done when hard water is used. the buyer cleans it and it's gone. that was not my water supply causing the problem i was staying elsewhere.

i did use vinegar in that specific piece. i've recommended it to many people on this forum for cleaning glass but you wouldn't know that. i had to rinse the vinegar obviously. no i shouldn't have used tap water to rinse it before mailing, i learned now didn't i? my water isn't hard now so i could care less.

i said i was sour and you took it personally. i sold that glass for something like $100 which was low and it had brand new accessories. i never emailed, messaged or anything to boromarket. never said it wasn't my fault. i never once mentioned it on any forums or to any people until today. it was so long ago my ban is not even in effect.

as for your ego about high end shit, i really could care less. i have more common sense than half of these kids on grasscity and i buy the glass that i like. i don't even collect glass anymore, it's not my thing. i just use the site for the odd transaction. i'm so happy with my worked bub i don't care about the other glass for sale.

9. Boromarket is limited subscription because of the utter traffic on the site. Sales go to the next page within an hour or two, sometimes less during peak hours. They would need to have temporary subscriptions freezes in order to get more staff or introduce ways to manage all the new traffic and users.

This is just my opinion is all....

10. ^----spoken by a man that prob has 10,000+ in glass. It's not to keep people out it's to be able to provide the service standard that is equal to none at the moment. I hope that with new invites it will remain top notch.

11. There are alot of right ideas floating around this thread.

I bought a slide once on BM and it was still dirty. Had resin in it. I thought it was a little unprofessional, since he said "oh i used it twice". Yeah right. To get that kind of resin, it takes atleast several days of smoking. Trust me, i know. But whatever, i cleaned it and it's fine.

Also about the invites and whatnot. I really have no one to invite. And since i'm responsible for who i invite, i guess my invites will be wasted. I don't even know anyone locally that's a glass head.

12. How much glass someone has doesn't make their opinion any more valid than any other person.

13. C&G carries some high end glass bruh. Pretty fair prices also.

Last time I was they had a HOSS sump pump, Toro 7/13, and a few circ/circ

Just gotta keep your eye out bro.

I got my RooR from there with a gridded a/c and a disc diffused bowl for 400 flat. The sticker was 700+ for everything.

Good luck man.

14. soo I got a subscription, bought my friends second account, I'd be willing to give out an invite free of charge cause I'm actually a nice guy and have faith with my fellow GC community. Let me know through PM

15. I wouldnt have faith in someone just because they are a part of the forum

16. Well if the person has a collection and is obviously not going to commit any fraud then I don't see a problem...

17. It's shit like that we are trying to avoid. Stupid kids, and scammers that are going to spoil the wonderful community we've created.
    Absolutely not dude, that's not a good idea. What if they arent' even of age, then get screened, and booted before they ever get in the door, and there you are like "I didnt know he wasnt 18, i trusted him cause he was on GC"....... BAN! *Jimmy voice* "I mean, come on"

I've got one person locally I may consider giving an invite to, but I'm pounding the rules into his head before I even ask what his username is going to be.
    Peace, love, and boromarket:D

18. ......well, you didnt say that b4. Not trying to get into some stupid ass internet squabble, but how you going to know for sure, unless you make them provide "proof of life' pics like on BM? and how you going to know their age?........just sayin. I dont really need a response, I'm just putting that out there.

19. #59 jayhawks22, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
    ** should have phrased the last post differently, obviously age and other things will have to be confirmed

20. I have no idea how you contrived that from my post. Please read it again;)