Is BoroMarket one of a kind?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by jayhawks22, May 11, 2011.

1. He's not trying to be douchy just trying to be blunt for everyone's sake. I can testify to what he's saying, I can't afford a lot of the glass on there.

But that being said there's still some stuff for cheaper on there. Like you could find a simple tube or somethin.. but for the most part you're looking at $300+ pieces.

And this has nothing to do with boromarket only catering towards high-end glass. There's no limit on what type of glass you are or aren't allowed to sell, it's just a matter of what makes sense for the seller.

Cheap, plain, used glass doesn't sell fast or for much money at all, hence the reason it isn't on there very often. A heady oil rig or a particularly nice slide etc. are a different story though.

2. No just straight forward/telling it like it is. Unless you are pulling in some decent cheddar at whatever your chosen profession is boromarket isn't for you...

3. Haha can't afford it? I'll tell my SWISS perc that shes "not heady enough". Just because were not on BM, doesn't mean we don't collect heady glass. Be careful with the stereotypes...

4. He says most, don't take it personally. Alot of people on this site post ton about only having 40$ to spend on a piece

5. And talking like an ignoramus like this is really going to get you invited. Not!

Their rules are set in place for a reason. So the Feds won't go up their ass and shut them down like they did with Tahoe kush. Also you can clean a piece to new condition very easily so dunno what you're getting on about.

6. The only problem I have with BM is paypal. Not that it is the only payment option , but I wish there were better options available. I have heard of a bunch of friends(sellers) getting fucked over pretty hard by paypal.

And that isn't even BM's fault. I wouldn't even blame the BM owners/admins for the invite system, it is pretty much what most of the BM members wanted.

7. This is exactly what limiting subscriptions and allowing invites promotes, some asshat who thinks that they are superior to everyone else. Got a wake up call for you buddy, you ain't shit, just like the rest of us, the kid smoking on an acrylic is probably getting just as high as you, and having a better time probably because he isn't a fucking snob.

8. In b4 lame comeback all the other asshats will "like".

9. im confused, whats an "asshat"

10. [​IMG]

Not that I'm calling anybody one.

11. it's actually as shat, it's french:D

12. Oh that makes sence, I always call people ass hats cause it's funny

13. Lots of hate in here.

14. not saying paypal is the shit, i know you can get scammed, but i was scammed once buying glass and got a refund from paypal. they banned the guy's account too. only scam i've had happen.

i didn't tell them what item i was scammed for, because glass isn't aloud to be sold/bought using paypal.

anyway bm can not be matched and is one of a kind. i'm surprised this thread is allowed though.

they are strict. every thread is moderated before it can be viewed. feedback is used (like ebay, if you see bad feedback avoid them). with any site use caution. you're forced to view all threads with rules (hopefully you read them). so far only 1 scammer out of 26,000+ members - and that scammer's name, address, ip, email were all posted. the people he scammed got their money back through paypal.

i was banned for months just because my water is hard, and when it dries it looks like glass is dirty so technically i sold dirty glass. i was kind of sour but fuck it, if it wasn't for bm i wouldn't have my fav piece of glass and i wouldn't have sold my other glass (i've made back well over a thousand with the help of bm).

15. Yeah I love BM it is definitely legit. Just Paypal can and will freeze all the money on a sellers account, basically screwing them over especially if they need the funds to pay for shipping etc.

16. yeah i also hate how paypal takes 8 business days to do certain transactions, even as a buyer.

though i received over 800 payment when my pp account was actively selling and they didn't hold it on me.

17. Joining BoroMarket was the best money I ever spent. Its really an amazing tight knit community of like-minded consumers, collectors, and artists.

Fwiw: Im only mentioning this because it was the primary reason for your thread. There is another site about to launch called TGK, TheGlassKiln. The website is up but the marketplace has yet to launch. I am not affiliated with TGK. I'm just answering your question. I know DWB Glass is one of the studios that will be a big part of TGK, but i don't know too much more yet. Hope that helps...

18. It seems the only people hating are the people that AREN'T on bm. I know it's a bummer that the subs are closed, but it's not like this forum or many others for that matter. It's heavily modded and used as a service. Not a place to show off glass, discuss glass, etc... It needed to be regulated to a number of members that the mods can efficiently handle. With invites, it will allow BM'ers to bring in like minded people that want to use the service the way it was supposed to, not just allow a bunch of looky loos..

19. well, the looky loos as you put it were usually turned away in the beginning because when not logged in you can't see threads. and to log in, you have to pay a minimum of $10.

i sent lots of people to that site, and most were hesitant to spend $10.. i was like, you're dealing with expensive glass here it's chump change.

but anyway it's fine by me that new members need to be invited. it's not fine that the person who invites them is responsible. in this case, i won't invite anyone (unless i knew them irl and was absolutely positive they weren't going to mess around.. but that won't happen).

20. The invite system is even that much better because you're gonna be held accountable for the people u invite, and their subsequent actions after becoming a member. So that means the person offering the invite is gonna have to lay down the law. I've personally referred/invited artist friends to BM, but I'm gonna be VERY selective with personal invites, and I suggest anybody who's gonna invite somebody, make sure you let them know that your ass is on the line, and they better behave. Glass Art is serious bizness!

[​IMG]