Is being single REALLY that bad? Or are relationships just really awesome?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by NGC224, May 25, 2010.

1. I think that you have to be in the right mind to have a good and healthy relationship.. like for instance im pretty depressed, so getting a girlfriend seems like the cure to my depression, but if i dont even love myself? how can i truly love others.. i mean i just think it wont work out for long. you gotta be an outgoing person if your looking for that great and spontaneous relationship. atleast somewhat outgoing.... sitting on the pc all day isnt what most gf's want. which is why they cost so much money lol.

all in all, do what makes you HAPPY. some people are too picky so they end up with no one. then they complain all the time about being single. LOOK in the mirror, your no one special, so go get a girl that isnt that special either hahaha.. atleast your getting pussy and someone who you can let your emotions out with. I see way too many ppl here that are no longer teenagers and they still dont have gf's. It's not a terrible thing, but how much longer are you going to wait? Time flies my friends, especially as we get older, especially since we get high lettin time fly by . ..

2. #22 legalizeme, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2010
    I 100% agree with this. It's about the feelings and emotions. Although I haven't ever had a real relationship, I would love to have that feeling. I'm not upset about it, hell I'm only 19 I've got a shit load of time to get that feeling.

I like being single now, I'm in college, and I have all the time in the world to smoke, drink, and look for hot girls. Ok, someone tell me what can beat that?

3. The only thing i miss about relationships is the sex. All my exs put out all the time now that im single its more difficult to get some. After a while bitches get crazy tryin to control me but it always just ends up makin me back off from them then i break up with them

4. I can't say I've ever been in a serious relationship, because they suck so bad. I always get close with girls, but I just start getting annoyed, pissed off, etc. I honestly can't handle girls who like me. They annoy the hell out of me. I like to be left alone until i feel like talking. And according to my current girl "thats so selfish and self centering." Well to bad, leave me if its a problem!

On the other hand I hate not having a girl in my life. I really do think it sucks, and I feel lonely when I have no girl i can call/text/chill with. So basically the best thing is to have little relationships? Nothing serious just a girl who likes you, and you like her. Not much commitment, but sex and chilling :p.

5. I actually feel sorry for all my friends that are in relationships.

Maybe I just have a dysfunctional group of friends, but everyone I know who's in a relationship is always breaking up and getting back together with his/her girlfriend/boyfriend, or their partner is jealous and controlling, or they spend all their time with their partner and alienate their friends, and when they break up they've got no one to turn to.. Shit like that.

I'm not saying I don't want a relationship, because I'd love one (with the right guy), but I'd rather be single than deal with someone who is full of shit. I want a relationship without drama, and that seems really hard to find at the moment.

So, I'm very happily single:D

6. you have to be super fine with being single in order to get into a good relationship.
    i was happy with myself and not looking for companionship, and i landed with the love of my life.

people hopping from partner to partner for the sole reason of having a partner, without thinking of compatibility and/or how they're spending their time... is weird.
    i've had a few relationships that lasted sooo little time cause i know when to jet.

WITH LIFE :: if your heart's into it, DO IT. don't bother with your thinking if you don't feel right. the magical world of magnetic flow brings things together like they should be. feel the vibe. LOVE LOVE LOVE

7. I haven't had a girlfriend in three years or so. It sucks, it really does. I used to be able to pull 'em naturally, but I just lost my shine after a bad break-up involving lots of cheating. I don't plan on settling down or having a serious relationship until I'm much older and have kids, I'm only 19 so there's plenty of time for me. But I would like a fuck buddy, or SOMEBODY, after all this time. No guy should have to go this long without pussy.

8. Dude guys who worry too much about being single or try TOO hard to look for a girl. I was in your situation once and the best advice I can give to you is to just go out and do activities that you like to do.

EX. When I go shooting (archery and guns) and there is a girl I think is good looking or might be interesting, I simply go and make very light conversation (something like "oh what are you shooting, or observational humor(the easiest)) and introduce myself, then I simply walk back and most of the time they come and ask for advice or just want to challenge me to a friendly competition.

Like in the 40 yr old virgin (don't put the pussy on a pedestal).

9. I loved being single, but being in a relationship can be great too. I tend to avoid them though, but I fell in love, so this one was nearly inevitable.

10. Gee, stereotype much? :D

Just kidding man, I do hear what you're saying, and there is a younger crowd here that by the very nature of our love of the "eeeevil" herb, we are all rebels in some way, even against the "norms" of society of having a normal relationship. :cool:

11. No, I have not had sex.

I've tried to avoid it as much as possible. I'm kind of afraid of where it's going to go for me, to be honest. People turn stupid for sex, in my experience.

12. I love being single...

I think I've been happier in life when I was single than when I was in relationships. I hate relationship drama :(

13. How come? If you don't mind me asking.

Don't really know what the other side is like.

14. Why do I love being single?
    1) I can do whatever I want whenever I want
    2) I don't have to feel guilty about talking to multiple guys
    3) I get the entire bed to myself
    4) No drama dealing with other chicks after my guy or my guy being dishonest..

There are other reasons too... I mean I like having a decent boyfriend - but I haven't found anyone worthy of dating in years... I'm just used to doing my own thing I'm kinda not even all gung ho about finding anyone.. If it happens, it happens.

15. It's funny when someone finds out you are single and says something along the lines of:
    "it's okay, you'll find someone eventually," like being single is depressing, it is a choice.

They are assuming happiness is only attainable in the arms of another, when in reality, if you are in a relationship to fill a 'void' in your life, it is probably your own personal issue.

This might be more true for females, because there seems to be a negative view associated with being single, ladies, is this true? There seems to be a lot of pressure to find a boyfriend

16. What's weird is that the only people who have ever said anything to me about how I should find a boyfriend - have all been males.

none of my female friends think anything of it... single, dating, or married.

17. This is how I feel. I don't want a relationship, but there are times when things are little inside out. For example, like I said, I don't want a relationship. But, I find a girl I like that doesn't want a relationship either and I end up wanting a relationship with her. Because I like the fact she doesn't want a relationship either. What!? It's really funny, and this exact situation I just described happened a week or two ago. In my opinion, it just doesn't make sense. Why do I not want a relationship, find a girl that I like who is just like me who doesn't want a relationship, then ultimately I want a relationship with her. It's just confusing.

This is why I try to avoid the whole situation, it's a mind fuck

18. relationships are awesome for a while... like really good. after a while though, you start knowing eachother too well and you just start getting pissed off at all the negative things the other person does and it can be small ass things too...

19. So very true. That's why communication is so important in a successful relationship.

20. Yeah I thought I was happy before I got my girl but since then i have found real happiness, absolutely not lying here.

She's the perfect girl. Horny, high and sexy as fuck. I think communication is why relationships succeed or fail.