Is beating your wife,,,a political statement,,

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chicken, Nov 12, 2010.

1. #21 SmokinP, Nov 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2010
    Was not trying to smear all Jews... Just pointing out that there are wacko's in all religions.

This rabbi is the advisor to the extremist religious political party Shas who have 11 seats in Israels government including 4 cabinet posts..
    Shas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Shas's current leader, Eli Yishai, is one of four Deputy Prime Ministers, and Minister of Internal Affairs.
    Quite a significant force in Israeli politics..

As regards the 57 countries that are run by Islamic law..:confused:
    Could you list these please ?

[​IMG]

List of Muslim majority countries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. War doesn't happen because of the state or organized religion, these things just make it easier to fool the poor into fighting for things like 'spreading democracy' or 'killing the infidels'.

In regards to the post DiPT Sounds made, no religion is inherently evil. Religion is a tool which can be used by a person (which can be evil).

3. #23 dudedude4, Nov 14, 2010
    Smokinp, Eli Yishai is in no way responsible for the words that come out of the mouth of a rabbi. For all you know (lol) Mr. Yishai does not agree with Ovadia's perversions. You are heading down a logical fallacy here (as usual in our debates), this time by making the premise that Mr. Yishai must agree with everything Ovadia says, and you are in no way qualified to make that distinction.

Regardless, your example was poor because you quoted me, and my point was that there are tens of MUSLIM GOVERNMENTS in which Islamic theocrats rule with an iron fist. Your example of a crazy rabbi is in no way comparable, analogous, or relevant to systematic religious oppression by Muslim states. Then again, I must say none of these things surprise me coming from you.

In short one rabbi =/= systematic, state-sponsored treachery committed by Muslim theological governments, in the name of Islam. You seem to have a serious aversion to reality.

4. Nice post. The truth has been spoken.

5. I'm not so sure you could convince a non-Muslim country's poor to go to war to "kill infidels." Do you see how the Islam part enables this specific example?

6. Eli and Shas seem like extremist loo la's to me...

Eli Yishai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Eli Yishai is just Jean-Marie Le Pen with a beard - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Shas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can you please list these "tens of MUSLIM GOVERNMENTS" you refer to ?:)

7. Kill the terrorists. Just re-word infidels. Ok so you get mad because Smokinp uses a Jewish person as an example of loonies in all religions... What if I just lost my cool and flipped on you for that post?:wave:

8. #28 clos3tgrow3r, Nov 14, 2010
    the west always views itself very highly...it goes something like this

"our social ills are suppressed and hidden therefore we are civilized and the only good model for the future of this planet. let us invade thy country and free the shit out of you you savage beasts, then like us you will be civilized and beat your wife privately"

a country of wife beaters pales in comparison to a country of delusional self-righteous other country beaters...ya im talking to you to israel. for all your values and civility you fail to acknowledge the amount of evil we sow in this world, its on another level entirely.

but dont get me wrong thats just the way it is, people in power exploit the people who arent. if muslims had superior militaries they would be no better for sure. i dont blame anything except human nature and i dont expect anything more from this self destructive species

9. No one was arguing that the west isn't flawed dude... however, shar'ia law and other such 9th century practices are clearly worse. If you don't think so, ask someone who has managed to escape Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Sudan, Yemen, Somalia, etc, take your pick - and has moved west. I have a hard time believing they will tell you that America or any Western nation is just as bad.

10. were not as fucked up towards our own people yes, but we make up for that on the people of other countries and the US and israel are the best in the world at this...again thats not to say that muslims wouldnt be less than or equal to in those respects but atm they are not.

11. I get what you're saying with projecting suffering. I won't defend the US, but I will say that many (admittedly not all) of israel's actions are in reaction to crazed religious extremist state-wide palestinian policy. But you know my views here:p

But yes, the West is sinister in its own ways. definitely agree there.

12. ya man when all the bullshit from any culture is boiled away your just left with that fundamental animalistic mindset that says fuck yo shit im doin me...all the way down to the individual level

the only difference is that some cultures bullshit is more resistant than others

13. Huh?

Dude you really believe if we would only get rid of the institutions of religion and state that war would become a thing of the past?

There will always be war, man will always fight over land, women, possessions, etc. Its our primal nature. There will always be hatred, bigotry, racism, just as there will always be religion....

You can get rid of the institution of religion but you can never take religion away from the individual.......Its what give some people hope and the drive to continue life.

Religion isn't bad, anything that gives people hope is not bad, its man who is bad. Its man who takes it and perverses and twist it to fit his agenda.

14. I was pretty stoned when i typed that, but i didnt think it was that confusing.

15. But i was pretty stoned when i read it.:D

16. The abolition of organized religion and state would make war a thing of the past for a little while. I don't think people will be calling in air strikes to steal the land of his neighbor. Catastrophes like war happen when enough people are influenced by a central organization. Religions can tell you it is God's word to take the holy land which a lot of people support because they support their religion. Nations do the same thing. We are currently 'spreading democracy' through the Middle East, killing lots of people in the name of spreading our 'superior' government.

Throughout history the most horrible acts of man have been done in the name of God or in the names of different nations.

Sure Hitler 'killed' six million Jews, but how many did he, himself, kill? He got the support of a nation to exterminate these people.

That part of your post I put in bold is so true, though.

17. Correct the Quran does not say anywhere about beating women; but does it say anything about harming women?

How about Sharia law?

http://www.menorah.org/Women Under Islamic Sharia Law.pdf

Sharia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (MY FAVORITE PLACE TO USE AS A REFERENCE JUST TO PISS PEOPLE OFF ;) )

18. okay dude, i'll bite....who's the new avatar? i can only assume someone MORE controversial than glen beck.

19. Not sure if it's really a political statement, but she sure as hell got the point.

20. what is the point of this thread?

put it on cops, 1 out of every 2 episodes features a drunk guy beating his wife.

its like the pot calling the kettle black.