Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is anyone extremely mold-paranoid like me?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by HxCurt, Mar 20, 2012.

1. I am speaking of indoor. Moisture is fairly high where I am from, and almost every indoor grower I know has had one or all of 3 types of mold. The mold usually becomes most apparent during late flowering, when there is the most leaf matter and the highest humidity in your room. Usually people just cut off the bad spots during trimming or even while still growing, but you know there are spores on the entire crop.

I tried everything with my last grow, I was the only person allowed in my room, I had to shower and change first, regular h202 clean of all surfaces, clean any gear before it goes inside, no shoes in the grow room, I thought I had it all down and I still got PM during one of my cycles.

I don't mean to trip, all I am saying is that most people who grow their own are not well informed enough/ lack the resources to deal with/ and are inevitably going to face mold problems. Grow your own, but you are just as likely to encounter mold doing that as buying from your local dealer or collective.

2. I would recommend getting a usb digital microscope. You can get them for about 35 bucks and then you can actually see the trichromes and determine if there is a contaminant.
    I don't have one but my friend does. Its useful! The first one is mold I stole off a sticky guide. The last 2 are my friends pics. Notice the difference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. You throw away bud that might have mold on it? Sweet Jesus mother of God. Honestly, if you can't see it with the naked eye, there's either no mold or very teensy amounts. Just smoke it

4. YES. i thought i was the only one lol. but i check my bud with this bright desk lamp i have. i worry a lot because im allergic to mold so not good at all to just say "fuck it" and smoke it.haha

5. I believe the mold growth this thread is referring is while the plants are growing, not cured, ready to consume buds turning moldy.

Cur I hope your atleast using magnification to inspect ur buds before just throwing them out .. I'm conscious of mold but not overly paranoid, unless you grow your own your really at the mercy of the black market with quality, price and the rest