Is anyone else out there using a cap xgc-1e environmental controller?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by amnesiac, Nov 1, 2014.

1. This will the the second one I ship back for an exchange.. They were reading the outside air at around 1200 ppm, the 24 hour pump function didn't work correctly.. Just wondering if anyone else out there has had any experience with these things, good or bad. I'm already 4k into this and the last thing I need is a controller sh*tting out on me. Starting to feel duped over here.. :(

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 TroubleAhead, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
    I'm not familiar with that particular one, but I do know some of the ones we use need to have a burn in period before they start reading accurately. Check the manual. I'd let it sit for 24-48 hours and see though.

I found the manual PDF for that controller and it says there's a calibration procedure you can do too. I'd try that.

Good luck!

3. I also read the pdf and it stated that the unit could only be re-calibrated at the factory. I haven't been able to find any calibration procedures online for the life of me. If you could link that I would be infinitely grateful.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. https://www.hhydro.com/files/Instructions/capXGC1.pdf

I reread the part about calibration and it does say it needs to go back to the factory if its off... My bad. But try the checkout procedure it has there first. Also, make sure you don't breathe near it, you'd be surprised how much that can effect the readings.