Is anyone else more interested in their pets when they get high.

Discussion in 'Pets' started by KelseyCannabis, Dec 18, 2011.

1. My bro use to have a couple cats in his apartment, when we got high we would mess with em and play with em. Smoke em up every now and then, only when they wanted to, not just grabbing them and blowing smoke in their face, we'd let them come to us and if they left it was w/e

2. [quote name='"Simmerten"']

LOL. When you eat stuff some of it gets absorbed into your bloodstream. Once its in your bloodstream it can get to your brain where the receptors are. Which is why people eat weed brownies to get high. I believe you can get high from eating raw weed, but it takes a lot and it probably barely works. But a little dog eating 2 ounces probably got it high lol[/quote]

My jack Russell ate a ball of rez one day and was tripping the fuck out. So maybe there is something to this? I've seen multiple other dogs show signs of being high after just eating bud, and I'm guessing the dude saying its impossible is not a vet? It seems very possible from my own experience

3. Haha my dog gets super hyper and crazy when I blaze it's like she knows I'll play differently when Im high

4. It seems fun Im trying that out next week with my puppy. Hopefully its awesome

5. sometimes yes when my dogs smell weed they go bezerk
    its like there saying "gimme some I want some gimme gimme gimme!"
    almost like those beggin strips commericals haha
    when I'm not high tho I'll play with my dogs
    for like 10-15mins..when I am high itll be like an hour!
    me an them go on adventures in my aunts backyard
    I'll pretend I'm riding on one,then we'll dig a hole together
    an sometimes I'll bite there toys with um even tho once
    he (my dog jordy) yanked it from me while it was in my mouth an my tooth bled
    so never doin that again..this is makn me wanna kiss my pets tho
    am gonna go cuddle with them in a sec,I <3 them =]

6. Yeah I'm the same way with my dog & any strays I come across OP. Also when I'm drunk haha

7. I play with my cats alot when high. They like to play fetch for hours

8. animals are the fucking shit man

9. My cat lays on my lap and gets high with me. of course i always think about him when im high cause hes always sitting there high with me.
    [​IMG]

10. [quote name='"cdmreese420"']My cat lays on my lap and gets high with me. of course i always think about him when im high cause hes always sitting there high with me.
    [/quote]

Aww how old is your cat.?

11. this thread left me wanting to get high with my pet. Now i have to find a cat because I love cats. :)

12. Whenever I get to take my dog from my parents house, I always get high and then chill with him till I'm passed out.

Animals are so awesome to be around when you're high cause all the attention you give them is something they just can't get enough of. :smoke:

13. I fucking love playing with my cats when I'm blazed. And if I'm stoned and just sitting on the couch chilling I always sit with my dog. Weed makes me appreciate my pets so much, animals in general really. Plus it's hilarious to watch the cats go crazy.

14. My cat is a pussy so when I'm high I pretend I'm the predator trying to catch him but cats just know what your up to ahead of time. He's fat though, he needs a good chase.

15. I want to start a term: Fur munchies: The intense desire to snuggle a pet when stoned.
    Everybody start using it and make it spread. Sorry exotic pet people, but you'll have to come up with something else for your scale and feathered friends.

16. Be careful with weed around your pets. Yes they can get high, but realize they require a lot smaller dosage than you to get high and possibly sick. Never feed your dog marijuana. It is not known what is the fatal dose, but i've seen many dogs that ate a bag of weed come into the clinic having seizures. Some died. Please only let them be exposed to smoke and only if they choose to be near the smoke. They can often regulate themselves and leave the room if it gets too intense for them. Realize they don't know what being high is, they can't understand it logically, so they may be very stressed out because they don't know what is happening to them. Make sure you are there to comfort them if needed, don't overstimulate them if they seem stressed. Thank you --vet tech

17. Btw, camram and the crunge may need to read the biology book when sober once in a while. Most mammals are affected by the same drugs, as well as need the same general nutrients, vitamins, minerals, etc. why do you think they test so many things on rats, dogs and monkeys? Because they want to study how they will work on humans. Stomach receptors? What nonsense! No such thing you silly bat! Please don't feed your animal human drugs. You aren't a veterinarian, and so didn't study all these drugs and what effects they will have on different andmals at what dosages. Please don't experiment on your pets.

18. I want to smoke a bowl! -Riley
    [​IMG]

19. Hes about 7 months old and already my best stoner buddy and best friend:smoke:

20. My cat is always out being a whore so I usually cuddle with my dog. Got him high a few times but he just lays there. Last time he was really hyper but couldn't snuggle with him because he kept trying to jump out my arms :(