Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is Anyone Else Like This?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by EastCoastToke, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Ever since I've taken my T-Break I noticed I have been a little more bold.. or just short tempered. I go off about little things, maybe I was always like this but when I smoked it mellowed me out. Not sure. It got me in some trouble at work, went off on a co-worker over some bullshit, he called the boss like a pussy. Was joking around with a customer who must have been having a bad day and then ended up being a asshole to him. Something like this,

Customer: Can I have a medium coffee, milk no sugar.
    Me: *Joking sarcasim voice, smiling* No not today. *As I start making it and wait for him to laugh*
    Customer doesn't say anything.
    Me: Are you seriously mad over that, I was just joking.
    Customer: Yeah, you're a little smart ass mouthing off.
    I gave him his coffee, told a co-worker to take over the order and went outside to prevent further trouble.

As the customer comes out, he says "See you later smart ass." I said, "Did you happen to buy a sense of humor while you were in there?" Got a little vulgar after that, but he took it there first.

I don't know, basically what I'm asking is, when you guys take your T-breaks are you a little more short tempered and loose cannon like?

2. Possibly, I'm not exactly sure but I haven't been smoking bud daily like I used to. And I have noticed my mood lately hasn't always been the best around other people. But all the extra stress from work and everything else hasn't been helping. So I can't say for sure, just possibly.

3. I find myself a little angrier than normal, but it's all tied up in the mind....don't let it get to you.

You can be nice and mellow if you choose to be! :D

4. this happens when i dont smoke also :smoke:

5. I didn't notice a huge change at all actually. Just relax and don't think about it. :D

6. Sweet deal, I went from smoking about 3grams a day, I would smoke 1gram joints which left me feeling buzzed enough to work and function, than after work I'd go to a friends and smoke a 4-6 bowls and call it a night. This was a daily routine every day.

Was just making sure I'm not the only one, thanks for everyones input.

& also, I too have extra stress from work ontop of it so it's real shitty at the moment.

7. Yup. I know what you mean. Shit gets to you much faster than it normally would. Just calm down and say fuck it. Lol but I actualy thought you handled that situation pretty well. You tried to be friendly he was a dick, fuck that guy.

8. After about a full day without smoking, I practically forget that I ever smoked it! We are lucky to be introduced to a plant that doesn't pull us inexorably back to it.

I am probably bolder, though I wouldn't say short-tempered; I do notice things more that would have bothered me at an earlier point in my short life. But as a Buddhist, I actually relish the opportunity to divert my reactionary anger to rationalized acceptance and compassion toward a situation or person. It just feels wholely GOOD to do.

Neurologically, it's the difference between processing information with your Amygdala and Prefrontal Cortex. The Amygdala governs reactionary "fight-or-flight" response, essentially it labels things instantly as good for you or bad for you, yours or not yours (dubbed "fear memory" by some neurologists); the left prefrontal cortex governs happy feelings, restraint, compassion, and the like.

Further reading: Meditation Shown to Light Up Brains of Buddhists - www.phayul.com

9. No? I think you're just using that as an excuse. I'm on a T-break right now and nothing gets to me. I've always been very calm and cool natured, smoking, not smoking, I'm all the same

10. #10 EastCoastToke, Jul 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2010
    I am not using it as an excuse, or else I would have said "NO WEED MAKES ME ANGRY RAWR" as opposed to asking if anyone else is like this. I am not blaming weed, I'm looking for answers.

11. What a shithead.

12. Sounds like a guy with no sense of humor whatsoever...i can't stand people like that i wanna slap the shit out of them lol.

13. Everyones different. What do you use weed for?

I use it to treat depression, so naturally when I don't get my medicine, I get pretty annoyed.

14. Happens to me too. Whenever I don't smoke for a while I just can't put up with the assholes in the world. I think its just because I'm so used to being calm and relaxed.

15. That's exactly what I am thinking its from, I don't use weed for anything but when I am high as hell I'm so use to being around other high people who aren't annoying or cry about shit. That customer isn't the only example, I've been a little short with my girl too and snappy at her. Ehh, I just hope this T-Break is for no reason and I get this job, it'd suck to take a 30-50 day T-Break for a job I don't even get.

16. I get mostly super short tempered with my family. Angry with them to the point that I'm super down to knock some of them out. It doesn't help that my siblings are assholes.