Is anyone else having ALOT of trouble growing this year because of the rain?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by EASYlivin, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Im living in Connecticut, and my plants are so tiny this year because of multiple failed attempts.

Last year my babies were 4-5ft. this year...1 foot.. its pathetic. all this rain is killin me!! I swear it rains at least every other day!!:( Is there anyone else in my position?

2. Midwest is getting nailed with rain/hail and my girls are still alive :) Maybe they're getting to little sunlight and the stems are weak? Have any pictures of your setup?

3. i've seen plants in my area doing great,

and it's rained really hard almost everyday and night for like a week and a half now.

but we're getting a fair bit of sunlight as well.

4. yes its been raining alot here in nj the past couple weeks but 2 of mine are like 3 ft tall and my nyc diesel is still like a ft and half cuz it was started late. 2 of mine are litterally in a pricker bush so it blocks some rain and alottttttt of wind, but my last big one is in an opening in the woods and one of the top braches snapped the other day from the rain, should be alrite, havent been able to give them there food in a week and half cuz of all the rain

5. Well a few of my babies died in the beginnning and now im just having trouble with slugs from the rain..everytime I plant one, a little fucking slug will eat it.. pissin me off!:p

6. went back today to check on them and i found a couple slugs on two of them. about to go get some slug and snail powder at the store. it could be the difference between ounces

7. Haha yeahh, i also heard if you put copper pennies around the stems, it will ward away the slugs. im trying it

8. I think most of Atlantic Canada and New England are in the same boat, and you almost need a boat with the amount of rain we have had. My plants are surviving but are much smaller than last year. We can only hope for a good fall or else we are fucked and slugs and bud-rot will be the winners. Noone around here can remember a spring and summer with so much rain and cool temps. Climate change sucks.

9. i agree, and last year I had to throw probably 10 grams away due to bud rot. Im scared for this year. :(

10. to the OP: i hear ya. my first grow was this year and thank god i think start in the ground like my original plan was. but instead i started in pots at home, and now they are a foor tall, all 4 females, and i started them june 27th. i am gonna let them get about 4 or so more inches ( so another week) and then let force them into flowering if they dont automatically cause the photoperiod shit.

my point is not to rub this in your face, but let you know that i live in upstate NY, like between albany and poughkeepsie, and the rain no doubt is so fucking bad this year. all the growers around here have been bitching, i have been one of the only lucky ones, and i have brand name seeds so its most likely gonna be the only dank in my bullllshit town ahaha. best of luck with you babies. god bless

11. rain and hail... the northeast had a tuff time... i dont grow mj anymore... but almost all of my tomatoes have fungus or rot because of all the moisture...

12. It has been raining alot this year.

13. Yeah, you and me both. It's been raining pretty good off and on the past few weeks in the midwest. My plants are just now showing the white pistils :(

14. I have had no problems in New England this season. June was a slow month due to the rain, but there was a lot of sun in july and august. Started indoors april 1st for a month before moving outside and dug decent size holes with good soil. No major slug problems, but mine were larger by that point plus I used the copper wire and slug bait. All are now 6.5'+

15. Thus u need to start them in March under grow lights till mid May or the first week of June. I did that this year and my smallest is 4 ft tall and tallest 6'5 or so. I live in the midwest and we have had a fair season so far. Last year around here sucked because we had so much rain.

Some years it works and some it dosent.
    Hope u get something this year. Peace

Bunga

16. PA was soaked, locally, the best streak was 17 rainy days out of 20 back in mid mid july. Crops all around were doomed, heard of farmers plowing under entire fields of tomatoes due to various reasons and numerous vegetables have funny, out of the ordinary tastes... As for my crop... one female left, 4.5 feet in height... praying to the gods of nature to show some mercy on her. Seems to be one of my sativa freebie seeds... soon i'm going to lose sleep due to frost? :mad:

17. not me, it has rained as needed. i just pray for not too much rain in sept :S