Is anyone else gambling on……………..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by azcactus, Jan 24, 2014.

1. #1 azcactus, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014
    I have been gambling by purchasing some cannabis related stocks. These are all classified as OTC's (over the counter). One with the symbol MJNA has a YTD return of return of 74% and it's only $0.27 at todays closing. 

Has anyone else been thinking about a cannabis portfolio?  Like Mark Twain said, "During a gold rush, the man selling picks and shovels will make the most money."

2. Here's some more symbols if you want to check them out.

CANV, CBIS, EDXC, ENDO, FSPM, PHOT

3. I think I may invest in this company. How would one go about this? Ive been looking for a investment oppertuinty to make millions and avoid getting a job  :metal:  :smoking:  :bongin:

4. Sharebuilder is who I use. They accept money orders, just don't forget to click the view and print icon which is the deposit slip. Easy to set up the account too. I don't know about a million, but after the 2014 elections……these stocks will become truth. IMO anyway.

Say you buy 2,000 shares of stock x for $0.10 and in 3 years it's a $10 stock. That's a good ROI. 

5. [quote name="azcactus" post="19394178" timestamp="1390519750"]I have been gambling by purchasing some cannabis related stocks. These are all classified as OTC's (over the counter). One with the symbol MJNA has a YTD return of return of 74% and it's only $0.27 at todays closing. Has anyone else been thinking about a cannabis portfolio? Like Mark Twain said, "During a gold rush, the man selling picks and shovels will make the most money."[/quote]It has been a good couple days for the marijuana stocks. I have mjna, hemp, cbis, cannavest, gwph, and trtc. I got in on mjna at 10 cents. Got on cannavest at 20 and now its over 70.Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Also have phot..got in at 9 centsSent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. chongncheech you are making some good returns now. The nice thing is a $0.10 stock is more likely to go up 200 +% than a $20.00 stock is. That CANV has done you well. I like being in the cannabis business w/o really having to do much.

8. [quote name="azcactus" post="19398819" timestamp="1390586574"]chongncheech you are making some good returns now. The nice thing is a $0.10 stock is more likely to go up 200 +% than a $20.00 stock is. That CANV has done you well. I like being in the cannabis business w/o really having to do much.[/quote]Yeah the penny stocks have a lot more room to run than a $70 stock. Have u heard of gwph? It trades on the nasdaq. They are into making cannabinoid meds. They have a. Product called sativex that is available in 11 countries. They are now working on cbd meds. Kind of interesting. I just hopped on the other day.Cheers.Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I invested in tintizzy inc...1000% return :smoking:

10. [quote name="azcactus" post="19398819" timestamp="1390586574"]chongncheech you are making some good returns now. The nice thing is a $0.10 stock is more likely to go up 200 +% than a $20.00 stock is. That CANV has done you well. I like being in the cannabis business w/o really having to do much.[/quote]Which of the pot stocks are you on? Do you only have mmj stocks in your portfolio?Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. TEACH ME WHAT YOU GUYS ARE DOING
    I WANT TO MAKE MONEY TOO

12. [quote name="altairDOTA" post="19400029" timestamp="1390600954"]TEACH ME WHAT YOU GUYS ARE DOINGI WANT TO MAKE MONEY TOO[/quote]Were investing in stocks in the marijuana industry. For example I bought 30,000 shares of mjna for 10 cents for 3 thousand dollars. Now its at 31 cents so its worth 9,000 dollars. After Washington and Colorado legalized the stocks have been on fire.Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #14 STilladelph, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    You guys are crazy....Do you know why they have 1000% returns and only $1? Because theyre super risky and the company has a high chance of bankruptcyDiversify Diversify DiversifyJust remember, if you put all your eggs in one basket, it only takes one push to knock them all down

14. [quote name="STilladelph" post="19400571" timestamp="1390607481"]You guys are crazy....Do you know why they have 1000% returns and only $1? Because theyre super risky and the company has a high chance of bankruptcyDiversify Diversify DiversifyJust remember, if you put all your eggs in one basket, it only takes one push to knock them all down[/quote]I am diversified..I dont just only own pot stocks. It's a gamble. No risk no reward.Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. All equities pose risk...whether the company has a positive future has nothing to do with how it's done in the past

16. [quote name="STilladelph" post="19400616" timestamp="1390607825"]All equities pose risk...whether the company has a positive future has nothing to do with how it's done in the past[/quote]Should I sell all?Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I didnt say that....you have to do your research in the company and the industry. Id be happy to help with any questions you have but check out this site, its a great fake portfolio management website that trades with real time market prices. It has a lot of great tutorials and trading strategies.www.wallstreetsurvivor.com

18. Gambling huh?

We grown-ups call it investing.

Penny stocks are often quite volatile, and therefore, risky. That would include going to zero.

But the price of a stock has nothing to do with any potential upside. A dollar stock can double, a hundred dollar stock can double, etc.

However, once a stock gets above a certain price the company usually splits them, 2 for 1, 3 for 1, etc. They do this to keep the price low enough so your average investor can buy a "round lot," usually 100 shares; the exchanges don't really want to bother with less than that.

So if a stock is $100, a "round lot" will cost you $10,000. If they do a 2/1 split, a round lot will cost you $5,000 -- which brings more buyers into the market.