Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is anybody else

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Midsmaster420, Feb 16, 2009.

1. highly pissed off with the criticism of the whole Michael Phelps smoking a bong!!!
    I am just upset the guy won 14 god damn gold medals in the olympics
    and yet AMERICA FINDS A WAY TO FUCK UP HIS CAREER AND LIFE!
    stuck up PRICKS!:mad:
    sorry for the rantt
    anyone else have an opinion on this
    :smoke:

2. Our country is on a destruction path.

If they worried less about a world-famous swimmer's weed hobby and more about the problems that actually matter (our shit economy, the "war"), maybe the world wouldn't hate us.

I've lost all faith in America. Fuck, in humanity in general.
    That's my thought. We're all fucked.

P.S. When the world ends (and with the way our planet is going, how can it not?), I'm gonna be smoking a fat ass bowl. :smoke:

3. I agree with you 100%
    +rep
    The U.S is so gossip happy its not even funny
    I say if Michael Phelps smokes herb
    More power to him

4. Haha, thanks man. Glad some people agree.

It's seriously so depressing. Our government would rather ruin lives than fix them.
    It comes right back down to this: If our government spent a fraction of the money they spent putting pot smokers in jail (Or even just harrassing them), and on "fighting terrorism", and used that money to, say, provide healthcare for people who can't afford their own, we'd be in a lot better place.
    It's frustrating to realize that.

I wish I was still 6.

Oh, and +rep back to you, son. Keep the truth at heart!

5. Agreed and one other thing that pisses me off beyond belief
    i am not a big fan of George Bush but
    people are accusing him of putting us in the economic turmoil
    First off i would like to blame the banks for 100% financing peoples houses and not really checking peoples credit fully
    AND MOST IMPORTANTLY the greedy people in this world who "needed" the new car or the new boat or whatever it may be
    so lets go refinance our house we bought 2 years ago and buy a car
    American people live for the moment and dont pay attention to down the roadd
    now that is depressing

6. no other commentsss

7. Yes, but the only reason the banks could do that in the first place is because Republicans changed the law to allow it. And I think it was probably more about ignorance and short-sightedness than greed on the consumers' end. Wanting to own a house instead of pay rent paycheck to paycheck is many people's aspiration, they just leapt at chance to do it, and the banks and government never did anything about it but let them get fleeced. And then the whole financial system began to putter...

But, yeah, agreed about Phelps. Even if you believed all the tripe the drug warriors spew about the dangers of marijuana, Phelps is probably one of the HEALTHIEST people in the world. If he wants a few off-season bong hits, I'd say he's earned them. But then, we've always known the drug war is retarded... :rolleyes:

8. #8 ismokespira, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
    It all comes down to the fact that humans are greedy.
    Our banks, and the consumers. Everyone. We as people, are all too self-obsessed for our own good (except for us stoners...hahahaha) and it's ruining our country. By the time enough of us realize it, it'll be too late.
    One could argue that it already is.
    No great power can stand forever...

edit: Oh yeah, and FUCK the drug war. Suck it DEA.

9. #9 ReD_LiNe, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009

TO bad it was a Bi-Partisan Bill. Fucking idiot.

10. Do you really need to correct somebody by throwing insults in there?
    The first half of that sentence would have been enough.

I thought GC would be the one forum where people wouldn't get flamed...but I guess not. Awesome.:rolleyes:

11. I was kind of surprised though at how lightly the media took it. They could have torn him to shreds, and they just reported it as though he got caught drunk driving, or some other unacceptable-yet-acceptable behavior. All he really lost was Kellogs and was suspended for 3 months, this is the dreaded 'marijhuana' you know, his punishment seems rather light considering. Maybe people are starting to wake up..

Lines only divide us.

12. Yeah, I supposed they could've taken his medals or something. It really could have been much worse.

Still, it's so depressing that people get attacked for smoking Nature's medicine.
    Here's hoping people wake up soon.

13. i think the guy who tried to sell the bong on ebay was a moron
    but i dont understand how a sheriff can arrest seven people using the photo as evidence.

14. Given the current political climate he should have known better than doing bong hits with anyone he didn't know very well and trust 100%.

While I too am ashamed at the climate and the public reaction to this, it is not surprising and he should have known better.

Phelps has nobody to blame but himself. He should have known better than to expose himself to such scrutiny.

15. i didn't know the dude tried to sell the bong on ebay. what happened? shit i would want a bong michael phelps smoked out of lol maybe i'll become raw at swimming too