Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is all Kief created equal?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Trip Perc, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Hey all, just had a quick question concerning kief. I know that it is all the crystals and thc from your bud, but is kief from better bud ( like headies) better than kief from mids?

I know that you get more kief from better weed, but does that mean the kief is higher quality?

headies kief > mids kief?

I'm new, so be nice :)
    btw, id imagine theres a difference between indica/sativa
    but what about mids/heads?

2. well yeah, danker shit always produces more kief. In terms of quality I guess it depends on the strain and potency. Dont quote me on this but a 15% thc dank will have higher potency kief than some 7% thc mids or something.

Point is, if you're in the game for kief, you need to get dank.

3. Yes im pretty sure kief from danker weed will be stronger. Also danker weed will always give more kief. But kief form middies will still get you baked regardless, it just could of been more potent if it was dank.

4. Now, I'm not a botanist (nor are the blades above me) but I would think that if you took a crystal from some headies and a crystal from some schwag/mids they would be EXACTLY the same. It's all just THC. The only difference is the headies will yield far more kief.

5. THC levels are genetically set. THC quantities are dependent upon the grower and his methods/experience. Not all Kief is created equal. The crystals, kief, or trichomes are what contain the phychoactive cannabinoids, and since not all bud's are created equally not all trichomes contain the same level's of THC.

6. No.
    Different size mcron screens will give you different qualities and quantities.

7. ^ ^ ^ ^

Also a factor

8. No, they ride in the back of the bus. LOL (Not meant to be racist)

9. Hahahahahaha +rep

10. You basically took the words out of my mouth. I don't think dank has higher quality crystals, just more of them.

11. Too many people seem to have the misconception that kief crystals are pure THC. The more potent the weed, the more thc the crystals will contain in them.

12. These trichomes hold a small amount of THC, plus whatever else they are made of, its not pure thc and their not all the same.

13. That's like asking if all weed is created equal.

14. I too am curious. I guess there would be a difference between Blonde Hash and some kief i collect from my middies i smoke. I have no clue though..

sorry my post is worthless.:(

15. And to have more pure kief use a smaller screen. The smaller the screen the more pure it will be generally

16. Ask Martin Luther Kief! :p

17. exactly, what else could you say?

18. Its called a kief press. big ass machine this guy in mendocino county makes i can produce an oz of kief at a time. and much better quality than from a grinder.