Is ADHD real, or just 'Bad Parenting'?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Jane_Bellamont, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Dude your story sounds all too similar. That's terrifying because, it means that they're just giving us pills out of nowhere instead attempting to ask more info first. And for any condition really it seems! Which isn't good because some of these pills have actually cause me adverse damaging mental effects because, the way my brain is wired due to autism and, not what not. CBD soothes my sensory overload and, the THC helps me feel, act, and learn normally. I beg on with anyone with an autistic kid to use CBD instead.

2. Yeah the government knows it too that’s why they made cannabis illegal and brought in big pharmaceutical companies, it’s all about $ not making ppl better. When cannabis became illegal pills started popping up.
    Aspirin was invented in 1890 weed became illegal in 1930. Before pills we used weed for everything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. thats not really true, besides the US, first world countries have universal healthcare and this whole "treat not cure" idea would cost those governments way more money...America doesn't own science, doesn't own medicine and doesn't own medical advancements....

we also used opium derived medicine for centuries and the oldest such known pills were made of zinc carbonates and were found aboard a Roman ship which wrrcked in 140 BC.

Pills were also used in Japan in the Edo period.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Yes, they were yelled at, sent to stand in the corner and to the principal's office, and told to pay attention. I don't think ADHD was invented to sell pills, the docs make their money charging for it's treatment and since pills have been recognized as part of the treatment they get prescribed. Nothing sinister there. When teachers tell parents to have their troublesome kids treated for ADHD and the parents take them to the therapist, it's easier for therapist to prescribe pills for a quick improvement than deal with years of counseling during which time the parents are bugging them for results. Do you think talk therapy would have worked for you better than pills did?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes, that's all I need was to be talked to constantly as a child. I was a little attention seeker I got on my parents last nerve. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. #66 GorillaGherkin, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    Yeah ur right science/big pharma isn’t owned by the US Government they buy the governments politicians. Good copy n paste from wiki. Wanna debate someone move on to someone who cares these r just my opinions shared on a thread just because the government doesn’t come out and say hey we did this doesn’t mean ppl believe history. Perception is reality in my opinion. Call it fake news call me crazy I don’t give a shit ur no one to me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Through all my school years I think I can remember maybe 2 people who seemed to have attention/focus problems. They weren't exactly retarded, but the teacher would sit their desk over away from everybody else and give them bad grades for everything.
    Public school diagnosed all 3 of my kids to have learning disorders. The first one we thought we need to pay more attention. Then the second one I started wondering what they're seeing that I'm not. And then the third one, I said hell no, fuck this. We homeschooled from then on. My kids don't have learning disabilities. The school system has teaching disabilities. If you come down to the kids level and explain in a way they can understand, they'll fucking run with it. But all the professionals in the school system will try to convince you that you are too stupid to teach your own kids. That lie was busted when I discovered that as a responsible, loving parent I am the perfect one to be teaching my own kids. My oldest is currently attending a 4 year dental program and she's paying for it herself. My youngest is a supervisor/trainer in his department at Ernie Ball making $2k - $4k guitars for the Music Man label. He was promoted soon after he introduce a method to save on much labor and materials. My middle son is the one that MAY have had some kind of problem. He's kinda like me where he has to fidget to pay attention. I used to get in trouble at school for drawing pictures. I can see how that looks like I'm not paying attention, but that's how I listened. I gave my son a balloon filled with rice and told him that whenever me or his mom were talking to him I want him to just have this balloon in his hand and just feel it and mess with it. Next thing you know, the lights are coming on. He inherited my trade, and is also the popular local neighborhood gunsmith.
    My kids ain't too stupid to lean and we ain't too stupid to teach our kids. My daughter uses weed for menstrual cramps, but the other 2 hate drugs.

I don't know why I'm spilling all of this out. Guess I needed to kill a few minutes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. We need more people like you in this world.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Oh, we need much better people than me. :bolt:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. To each to their own but, at least you can teach your kids and, help em become successful we can't say that about all parents.

11. The way I see is some kids just have a shorter attention span. Like some are fat or black it's just how they are.
    Those kids can be annoying but also give teachers the ability to learn. Keep them interested and everyone's interested.

Maybe segregate and use them for testing new teachers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. That’s what they use to do now they keep them in the class rooms with other so called normal kids. Everyone has a short attention span these days in America it’s bread into us that’s why “fake news” is so easy to spread. Cus ppl soak it up move on and believe it’s true. Social media has ruined society.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Surely. Let those little fuckers run around the yard every 30 minutes and everyone's relaxed

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I agree. What the fuck ever happen to just letting kids be kids? Letting kids be adventurous and, in their own imaginations?

Now parents just over-protect the fuck outta of 'em and, trap them inside, give them a phone and, drug them.

The hell is happening to people these days? People give their kids hardcore drugs these days without knowing it. I suggest everyone read up the chemical structure of these ADD drugs and, see what they do someone's mind after being abused for years. And what's worse is they put this shit in developing young minds and, fuck them up for life.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. I think its real. Just don't think its as bad as what people make it out to be. I think that people with ADHD are gifted with this ability of energy but because schools don't agree with it. it is a disorder. what if school entailed practical work those without ADHD would they have a disorder ?? Its only wrong because the big man says its wrong. I mean it's pretty unfair how we have to take pills to study and get a negative approach to us than those who it comes easy to0.

16. I don't wanna take any """meds"""
    Do you know what those things do to your libido!
    Count me the eff out, doc! People will just have to accept my aut-, aloof, passive nature!

17. Of course It's real. People who think otherwise are people who don't believe depression exists. So yes, It does exist, I was diagnosed at a young age & have struggled both academically & socially since a child.
    My mum brought me and my brother up exactly the same, and i ended up acting reckless. Not out of choice but due to the way my brain focuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Real as fuck. One of my best friends from high school has it hard. Picks up his plate to go tens steps to the kitchen, puts it down halfway there to do something else. Gets dressed to go to his dads bday, sits down on the way out the door and plays playstation and forgets the entire bday. This and worse.

I had to see it to believe how bad it could be.

19. Definitely very real. Parents just abuse it as an excuse for there bad parenting way to often.

My parents where opposite actually and didn’t believe in it, I did endless therapy counselling etc and suffered my whole life.
    In the end i just learned to deal with my disability. If I started meds would I be better off?
    Educational wise I’m sure!

Would I be where I’m at now today happy content and mastered my mind if I wasn’t fucked in the head since childhood and just poured baby meth on it daily? Probably not.

20. This guy is what got me through my teeens. Gold