Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is a week long tolerance break enough?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dykelangelo, Mar 1, 2021.

?

Should I end my t-break early and smoke, or extend to two weeks?

1. Blaze it up!

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Hold out another week...

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. So I'd consider myself a baby stoner - I started smoking weed regularly maybe three months ago, and I usually smoke once a day, only at night, and go through a little less than an eighth a week. I usually either roll myself joints or use my bubbler, but recently I noticed I just wasn't getting as high as I used to. So, I've been on a tolerance break for a week now, and I'm wondering if I should extend it to two weeks. I know that doing a second week will definitely reset my tolerance bigtime, which would be great (when I'm high I like to be like. REALLY stoned like couch-locked lol) but I've really been missing my nightime smoke sesh, especially now that school is stressing me the fuck out (I'm a college student in the middle of midterm season).

If I stop my t-break at one week will I regret it? Will extending it to two weeks really make that big of a difference? In need of advice from my pothead elders

2. Everyone's different so it may or may not be enough for you. Really no way for anyone to know. You could try smoking once and if you're happy with how high u get keep smoking and if not wait longer.

3. Youve only been smokin’ steadily for 3 months. I wouldn’t even worry about it if I were you. At 3 months you don’t even have much of a tolerance built up.
    J

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Switch up ur method of intake blunts joints pipes bongs dabs and pens all give a different high. Also changing the strain your smokin will help

Sent from my LM-X320 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. That high is gone, only new ones in the future... More less, it's just weed, you lost that easy two hit buzz, I don't think it's worth the effort to keep ones tolerance that low, especially if your a pot head. You'll never even see half of the products cannabis makes like that or have the tolerance to deal with them.
    Tolerance can be a good thing.
    I basically spend most my time in a giant vape box and smoke all day, if I really want/need to get high all I have to do is eat it and I'm fucked up for like two days. Otherwise I gotta keep smoking to keep my tolerance up, cause the vapors seem to get me.
    So many different strains can have slightly different highs, however it's all weed. Enjoy yourself, life's too short to keep yourself from enjoying a new flower to toke. Just like skittles, taste the rainbow, find what works for you and enjoy.

• Like Like x 2
  6. As far as tolerance goes if one week is good two will be better, I believe. But really, as was said, your tolerance shouldn't be too high. Maybe just take a few extra hits and you should be golden.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I agree with everyone else. You haven't been smoking long enough to build up much of a tolerance. If you've went a week, great. Go ahead and fire it up tonight. You should notice a difference. Good luck man.
    :passing-joint:

8. You'll probably never get back that high you got early on, no matter how long of a break you take. A break will increase your high but it just won't be the same as the first times. The early highs are more influenced by the excitement of not knowing exactly how you'll feel after smoking and the fear of the unknown. Now you know what to expect and it's becoming routine. If you're not getting as high as you wish then smoke a little more. Keeping it to once a day will limit your tolerance buildup.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Ed's correct, nothing will recapture the magic of the first time getting high, it's just like with getting laid, driving for the first few times ect. Nothing feels as good as the first time. xd You'll get a good high if you hold out for a week or two maybe even a month but just take it for as long as you need and then blaze up when you are ready.