is a vaporizer worth it?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by psychedelickz, Sep 14, 2013.

1. im thinking on buying a da vinci vaporiser, but its more expensive than i thinked. is it worth to buy a pocket vaporizer for 170€? because i would have to save my money for a long time...

2. I think it'd be a long time until you realized the savings. Buying a vape to save money is the wrong reason to get one. Like buying a new car to save money on gas...

3. Never used a davinci I have the Arizer Solo that I got from puffitup.com as a refurb for $90. Works and looks new. It's all I use. Haven't combusted in a long time. Last time I shared a bowl the taste of smoke was so harsh compared with smooth tasty vapor. Plus next to zero smell so stealth is easy. So I would say their definitely worth it.
    Read up on davinci and other vapes at fuckcombustion.com

4. i dont want it to save money, i ask if its worth it waiting all the time to have the money for it.

5. the da vinci is the only one i know for sure they save it in a growshop here.

6. Ah yes, I got a little carried away lol. It depends on the reason. If the idea is to save money then no (one reason I've heard given many times). If you're looking to be a bit stealthier then absolutely! The taste, well.... I have a Pax that just sits on the shelf.

If you're willing to save money to purchase the vape, I'm sure you'll make regular use of it and the purchase will be worth it in the long run.

Yes, don't make an impulse buy. That's the test. Are you willing to commit to the save.

7. It is if you spend your money wisely. I would suggest saving for a volcano.. great investment

8. lol - because that's not that much more expensive...........

9. worth it though

10. #10 420B42, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2013
    [quote name="scraber" post="18678373" timestamp="1379166425"]worth it though[/quote]Not in my opinion. Yes there nice but overpriced is you ask me. You can get just as good of a vape for a third of the price. Sure it doesn't fill up a bag but the bag is just bulky and the hit is a little light. I started with a launch box, got a da Buddha, and just recently bought a pax (haven't used it yet tho, get of probation in 13 days!!! So excited)I love to vape, great taste, gets you really high for the amount of green you use, barely even smoke bowls anymore. Just a note tho, the vape high is a bit more cerebral than body. Tad different than smoking, still very pleasant tho, not as much couch lock. I'd do it. Just my 2 cents tho. Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. if your not looking to spend that kinda money id get a mflb. They are portable, get the job done and are affordable. 

12. I completely agree. used a volcano last night and its fantastic. we passed around with about 5 people, did two bowls of about .3 and we were all very high. I think they are completely worth saving up for if you have a nice location inside you can use it

Once I bought my Solo four months ago, I have only combusted just once since then. Best $200 I have ever spent 

My consumption was immediately cut in half when I went from smoking to using a VaporGenie.    When I went from my VaporGenie to my Purple Days, it was cut in half again.   

In my experience, my vape purchase paid for itself within a month.  

Some vaporizer are more efficient than others.  

But besides conservation, vaporizing is a helluva lot healthier because you're not inhaling toxins from the smoke like benzine and carbon monoxide.    Also, you will get the true taste of the bud rather than having it covered over with burning plant material.

15. I personally dont like the vape high. Its too "clear" for me. Its not the same high you'd get from a bong or bowl

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Love my vape. Have had it for 4 years now, its paid for itself. Be sure to get something high quality (cheap china made vapes are big no-no). Best 'toking tool' I have ever invested in.

17. Check out the sublimator, you can get a bong extension for the same price as the volcano, and then you get the best vape possible (or so i've heard)

Yeah, the vape high is different and one of the main reasons why it's different is that you're not getting that stoney feeling from inhaling toxins like benzine and carbon monoxide.     

For many smokers who first start out with vaporizing, it is suggested to just vape for about 3 weeks and not smoke at all so that you can wean yourself off of those toxins.   Most people that do this, totally enjoy vaping and say that they will never go back to smoking.   However, there are those that will never make that transition.   I've also found that those that couldn't make that transition, also smoked cigs, where they are getting these same kinds of toxins.

19. Vape is definitely cleaner high and makes me less sleepy. If you smoke just to sleep like some people do, I'd stick with combustion.

20. 1) A vaporizer is definitely worth it. 1000 times yes, it is totally worth it. It will make your supply last much longer, and you can re-use your vaped herb for other things (you can actually just smoke it - I use it for joints).

2) I have a Lotus and I highly recommend it. Very well made, built to last. Small learning curve, and difficult to burn your herb unless your torch is too hot (it's a torch vape). It's also pretty small, but just big enough to be comfy to hold. It's not "stealthy" though due to the fact that you need to use a torch, but stealth wasn't a big concern for me.