Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is a Sherlock worth it?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Samssweet1256, Aug 3, 2012.

1. So I was being an idiot and was laying in bed cleaning my spoon. My mom walks into the basement where my room is and so I put it in what I thought was my pocket (the pocket is on the inside of my shorts). So after she leaves I fell asleep and forgot it was in my pocket when in reality it was just in my short long story short I woke up got up and it fell out of my shorts:mad: I now need a pipe and I thought sherlocks looked nice but is there a bennefit to them compared to spoon pipes? And it's not a bubbler just a dry sherlock. Thanks in advance.

2. I love sherlocks. Wet or dry it doesn't matter, There's just something about hitting a sherlock that I love. Moat have cool designs too. I say pick it up if its the right price.

3. It's only $21 at my local headshop it has pretty thick glass but not much to pick from design wise just blue and orange and I haven't used one yet I like the look and I smoked tobacco out of a wooden Sherlock while playing clue:D and it feels right but does it still need a screen?

4. Glass is too risky if you have to hide it all the time.

Do what you feel.

5. [quote name='"Samssweet1256"']It's only $21 at my local headshop it has pretty thick glass but not much to pick from design wise just blue and orange and I haven't used one yet I like the look and I smoked tobacco out of a wooden Sherlock while playing clue:D and it feels right but does it still need a screen?[/quote]

I've never seen a glass sherlock that needs a screen. If it does just get a glass screen from your headshop for like $1.50

Get it man, I doubt you will be disappointed.

6. Nah I hide it well and I don't like metal so I only use glass and he only has steel.

7. OP in a couple month's time..

"Parents found my pipe.. What should I do?":smoke:

8. Haha my dad doesn't care he used to toke and I plan on telling my mom soon.

9. Just fuckin with ya.:hello:

And when you get caught, deny everything.

10. Okay and my peices stay clean I almost never smoke resin even

11. Oh or should I order a nice one from grasscity

12. A dry pipe is a dry pipe man. A water pipe is a water pipe. Whatever the shape,you're not going to see a difference unless it's a different form of smoking - vape/blunt/joint/water pipe/ dry pipe.

All it's doing is changing its appearance. So is it worth it to get smother dry pipe? That decisions up to you.

Personally I hate dry pipes with th exception of my Incredibowl.

13. Me and my buddy had both had one, his was glass mine was wood.... Unfortunetly i used it alot for a short period od time... Then i just stopped using it... Then when i found it like a year later i was like ewwww... Im never smoking from that again... Lol i made a pact with my self never to smoke from a pipe ever again. Im like 2 and a half years clean from pipes. But besides the fact, i grew to dis-like it. It was definetly fun at first, but it got old thats for sure.

14. Haha I prefer pipes bongs are too big and bubblers smell really strongly of weed I just wanted to know if the curved stem made it less harsh or cooler

15. i would recommend hemp wicks if you want it less harsh :)

16. Makes no difference. Straight, curved, twisted, curled or bent, without water they are all going to smoke the same.

17. I like spoons and sherlocks alike. They both work well, it really just depends on looks at that point for me. Either way you go, get a thick glass one next time, the thicker the better.

18. Can I just use thick hemp string?

19. No. It isn't dipped in wax and you could inhale things not meant to be in your lungs.

Buy the thick gauge, it burns at a rate of like 1.6 inches per minute for bees line or humboldt. You can get 200 ft for 15-20 USD.

just do it

20. yes you can ^ some people actually prefer it just make sure its organic not ''natural'' just organic