Is a screen used as a bowl replacement?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by champagneflowers, Jul 24, 2017.

1. I am very, very new to smoking so I apologize if I sound very uneducated in the subject. I bought a bong and did not buy a bowl (I didn't know I was supposed to). The lady gave us small circular beige material things with a bunch of tiny holes. Is this used for a replacement for the bowl??? I attached a picture of them. If not what is it for and can I still smoke out of the bong without a bowl?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. You can't smoke out of the bong without a bowl. She should have known this. I'd go to a new smoke shop. Those are screens, you put them in the bowl to stop the weed from being sucked down. Again not sure why she'd give you screens and no bowl :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Let's see a pic of your piece to make sure you're not missing anything else

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

5. That's a nice 1st bong man!! Yeah all you need is a bowl. Just take the stem to any smoke shop so that they can get the right size bowl for you. Don't wanna go and get the wrong size.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

6. I used to smoke out of the giant downstem bowls when I was a noob

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. LOL

You have a bowl. It's the clear glass piece that comes in and out of the stem. You jam a screen down in the bottom of that, then put your weed on top.

You apply flame to the weed while sucking from the top; the chamber of the bong should fill with smoke. Then...you lift up the clear glass piece and let clean air flush through the bong. All of the smoke goes into your lungs.

Then you go teletubbies. :GettingStoned:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yeah, as Zoom Rabbit has said, you do have a bowl. +1

9. What? Lol. Unless I read it wrong. He didn't recieve a bowl, instead the lady gave him a pack of screens.

So downstem, bong, screens, and no bowl.

The picture shows just a downstem...

Haha I think the downstem being so huge makes it look like a bowl. That defintly need a bowl still though.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. here's the ultimate test pull the bowl out if it comes out then there you go your set if it doesn't then you get to go buy one

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. #11 Allofthemtaken, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    What are you even talking about? There's no bowl. Just a downstem. And if theres no bowl to pull out, then there's nothing to pull out in the first place....

That's definitely an 18mm downstem in need of a bowl.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. That's definitely a bowl. I've bought multiple bongs with the same style... you can cram a good bit of weed in em.... though they do tend to have a large hole so it's easy to suck shit straight through... probably why she had him get the screens too.

Grow journal

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. [​IMG]that is definitely 100000% a bowl

Grow journal

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I don't think so, that's huge, looks like a bowl piece is supposed to fit into it. Notice how it goes straight down into the water. Wheres the extra piece? When he pulls it will be the downstem too, im sure you've done that before. That's going to hit really harsh. Not to mention the super wide hole. Isit suppose to be a stem/bowl lol? I think it's an 18mm downstem when it should have been a 14.

IMG_2075.jpg

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. OP Pull that end piece I just cropped and see if it comes off. I'm still putting my money on a bowl I've had one just like it... it was big as hell could hold damn near a solid gram and if you pulled to hard it'd suck through so screens work great with them.... however OP of the other poster is correct and it's attached to a longer piece he's right.

Grow journal

16. I think it may be a bong/bubbler. That black piece looks like a carb hole. Either way I still don't think that's a bowl. Should be two attachments, not one. It will be a dry hit.... but if that's a carb then that would make sense how it could be used as a bowl with screen, but you'd still get better pull from an actual second attachment.

IMG_2076.JPG

• Like Like x 1

17. You very well may be right... looking at my bowl it's not exactly the same I was getting my pieces mixed up as well... lol my bowl has 6 holes in the bottom of it instead of the standard one and it doesn't have the normal little glass piece sticking out the side to grab just the round piece on the bottom.

[​IMG]

It is dirty as hell I know

Grow journal

18. lol atleast you can see through yours, I just cleaned it two days ago and it's already pretty bad. Those are great bowls, you can layer a nice mix in them :smoke: all this bowl talk now I have to pack another !

• Like Like x 1
  19. guys i cant be the only one who seen these before. that is a bowl and a downstem in the same piece. ive seen many bongs with fixed bowls. this style of bowl requires a screen. put the screen inside by cutting it to the same size as the bottom of the bowl and then use it normally like any bong or you can use the carb hole that it came with.

• Like Like x 1
  20. We all know that damn carb hole never clears the damn bong! Lmao

Grow journal

• Like Like x 2