Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is a grinder neccessary/beneficial?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MoH, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Yo....just wondering...I vape with a Vaporgenie so i dont really roll anything or use a bong.
    I usually just rip a few leafs off the bud and its seems to be working fine. Do i need anything else?:smoke:

2. i don't vape and i never have but i just feel like grind-ed up bud is more beneficial to smoking

3. no need to grind for a vaporizer. its just nice to pack a bowl of finely ground herb and it makes rolling easier... personal pref

4. Yeah, I've been under that impression as well. I'm pretty sure its better to grind it if your vape-ing because it increases the surface area of the bud, so more hot air can move over it, and more THC is vaporized.

Also in the case that you ever do roll or smoke bowls, its extremely helpful to have, and if you get a good one it will last for a long time.

5. grinder is a must if you smoke anything over an 1/8th a week, it saves time, and helps to build up keif which is like paying a .05% tax that you collect for yourself every once in a while.

6. This man is correct.

Grinding up your weed is necessary, or at least breaking it up as much as you can..

7. My dads been smoking the herb for over 20 years, picks up an 8th every couple of days and has never used a grinder. He always picks up nice shit though which is very easy to break up with your fingers, so i guess a a grinder isn't 100% vital.

From personal experience I feel that a grinder is always handy to have, however I've been given some pretty fucking wet weed in my time which is actually easier to pick with your fingers than grind.

I guess it all boils down to what your weeds like :) :smoke:

8. The reason I use a grider is that my bud seems to burn better. If you pack it pretty good in a bowl and just corner the bowl it seems to last longer then just ripping a piece of bud and packing that into a bowl. I also seem to get higher from fewer hits.

9. Vapes and pretty much any method of smoking, vaporizing, or making edibles works better with ground up or fine chopped bud. If you dont want a grinder, just chop it up as fine as possible with very small scissors(nail cutitng scissors work well) prior to smoking or vaporizing. The more surface area the better. Always make sure to cut it up as evenly as possible too.

10. not true, ground herb heats and delivers more THC quicker

11. Get a grinder with a keif screen. I don't know what I'd do without mine.

12. I am someone who rolls bud alot, Grinders are very beneficial if you smoke blunts and joints because the bud must be finely ground to smoke well, but when smoking out of glass or a vape breaking it up with you hands is easy.

13. im sorry but i dont know what i would do without my 4 pc space case, when im at lunch i grind up my bud and the leave in the 3rd chamber cuz i kno imma be too stoned to look for it in other places, before i had my grinder i think would lose atleast a dubsack a week in fly high frenzies

14. Can someone throw a link of a good grinder my way. I'm pretty new at this stuff... are there specific ones that store kief or am I getting this completely confused?

15. I have one, I don't vape, but I have the feeling for all types of tools that finer, softer bud is much nicer. Also, it's more efficient for surface area, and gets more THC out of it because the middle of the leaves are exposed, at least I would think so. My personal preference but if you don't want one or don't have the money for a nice one, it's not worth it. A big thing that makes them worth it is the kief catcher, and it costs more to get a reliable one with a kief catcher.

16. you can find em on grasscity dude

the multiple chamber grinders usually have a screen and that is how you get your kief

hey how do you like the vaporgenie anways....
    i used it once but wasnt a big fan

17. grinders do a better job, and are faster than breaking it up by hand or with scissors or W/E, but get one with a keif screen if for no other reason than when you get enough keif in the bottom section you can press it and make your own hash.

18. I remember the day I realized what grinding bud did before vaporizng. With my DBV I've noticed that hits are soooo much thicker. And just wait until you get keife. Don't even get me started on that in the vape.

19. grinders are great for a parphelia item... i would not carry them around. but they are good item to have for sticky bud. but they are also a common trade item i think i got like 4 or 5 of them hard to get rid of.

20. look up sharp stone grinder 4 pce on ebay. honestly the best buy out there you get it for like 20 buck free shipping