is a green house right for me?

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by CWB, Sep 15, 2010.

1. I live in mid cali winter don't get frosty to often (maybe 5 or 10 days the whole winter gets frosty) and is a greenhouse effective in winter? Do plants get enoughf light with over cast and what not? Please give ur input if u guys think I can grow in winter I will start a jurnal ... I'm an experienced indoor grower I'm on my first outdoor but would like to keep going outdoor (bigger yeilds :) I like lol) please reply give me ur input

2. A greenhouse in the valley of calif even in the winter might get to hot in the day time because of the sun.I am up in Oregon and if the sun is out and its 65 out side my greenhouse gets over 90 inside even with vent fans on and all doors open and sides rolled up...If you build one i would build one where you can take off the roof easy...You should have planty of sun in CALIF...I WOKE UP TO SUN 5 TIMES THIS YEAR!...Most of the time i dont see the sun till after 1pm and its gone by 5pm...but my babys are just plugging along.

3. Do they take longer to flower with only 6 hours of light a day? Or do u got a light in there to?

4. #4 yoctown, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
    A greenhouse in the winter needs a light at least for veg. I'm curious about this greenhouse question to. I live in nor cal (snows a couple times a year but less then 1ft) and wanted to know how hard it was to keep a greenhouse warm when its about 15-25 degrees at night. I would love to take advantage of natural sun light as well as some artificial to get the most out of my plants.

I also hear a shorter light period speeds budding up because the plant thinks it has to bud before it dies. So it would be best to add artificial lighting no matter what to keep them on a 12/12 and increase your yield

5. You need to put lights in to supplement daylight hours, or you get tiny plants (just like autos) going to flower straight away.