Is a decent bong a good investment?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Carsonn, Sep 13, 2016.

1. The title is basically all you need, but I'd like to break it down from my point of view. I started smoking about a year ago, and it's pretty much a daily thing for me now. I had a mini bong/bubbler thing my friend gave me, but it recently broke and I sold it to a friend for $10 as he was gonna try to fix it. I'm not an expert on everything weed related, but I'm definitely not a newbie at all this. I have hit several large/nice bongs, and do enjoy them. I have my own bowl still, but am considering buying a bong. I really do not have extra money for weed all of the time, so I always have to save every last dollar I have. Would it be worth it to slow down on buying bud for a few weeks to buy a nicer bong? If so, how much would a decent one cost? Nothing crazy, just one that's nice. The place I got my bowl was 2 for 15$ and they're nice. From my experience, I've also seemed to notice these bongs get me higher, and correct me if I'm wrong, but actually conserve weed.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I say no from personal experience. I tend to break my pieces, I'm not particularly clumsy but because im a heavy smoker like you, they get a lot of use.

A friend's piece may last a year, but they only smoke once a week. That same piece might last me a month because I smoke 12 times a day. Obviously an exaggeration but you get the idea.

3. Makes sense. Breaking wouldn't really be a problem for me because I would expect this one to only stay in my house. Just kind of tired of the dry hits burning my throat from a bowl and having to smoke so much out of it just to get high

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. im not huge expert but felt the ones with ice catcher r cooler.

u can vaporize as well, the hits very enjoyable..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Woah woah, if you smoke on the daily and want to conserve herb, get a dry herb vaporizer. The best one is a magic flight launch box. 125$, the best decision of my pot smoking life

• Like Like x 1
  6. You're getting a burn when you smoke cause you bought a 2 for 15$ piece lol

You get what you paid for buddy.. Vape is cool but a different high. Don't bother with vape pens. I have a volcano and I'd recommend that for vapers but they're expensive.

In your case, i'd go for a 1.5 foot bong and that would be perfect. Short bongs give harsher hits. Trust

7. Bongs for the win, dude. I have like 10 myself and they are by far my favorite delivery system. They've definitely saved me way more money than I've invested in them. For your first, all you really need is is something in the 18-24" range, glass of course, and an ice catcher. Percolators are nice, but just a luxury and not required to send you to space, so I'd get one without them to get a nicer piece for your budget. I'd also recommend a carbon filter for your slide bowl so you don't have to clean it and it makes the smoke really smooth. Carbs are a no-no, slides are a must.

8. carbon filter slide bowl? whats that?

9. No, I have a $50 bong that I love. I had a $120 bong that was just "eh". IMO as long as it has one perc and an ice catcher it's a good bong.

10. i like to spend about a hundred bucks on a bong

11. New bong I bought $40. Slightly over a foot tall, hits like a CHAMP BOI.

Attached Files:

12. If I were you, I would make a gravity bong until you feel the need to buy a nice bong

• Like Like x 2