Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is a bubbler really THAT much better than a spoon?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by maulpaul, Mar 27, 2013.

1. I have a spoon and I know I'm a newb but the hits are super harsh and it hurts my throat like crazy lmao, would it be worth it to buy a bubbler, like does the water REALLY make that much of a difference?

2. bubblers are nice but you have to clean the water often too keep it from smelling like shit. maybe get a bong?:) :bongin: unless you are trying to hide it. but even then they have some nice travel tubes available :wave:

3. bubblers are nice. but bongs are where it's at.

4. spoon < bubbler < bong

5. Bongs are nice but vapes are even better!

6. If you cough off a spoon, a bong is going to destroy you. Yeah it'll cool the smoke off a bit, but you'll be inhaling a lot more smoke at once. I'd recommend a vaporizer

7. I'd get a bong but I don't start university until September so I'd have to hide it from my parents, lol. Maybe I will get a vaporizer, it seems worth it.

8. A good vape will save you so much money on weed too. I used to smoke atleast a gram a day but now i vape most days then just smoke on weekends. I cut back to about 0.25 probably a day now

9. A bubbler is the shit!!! You can take as big of a hit as your lungs can hold, and it cools the smoke so much. Bubblers for life!

10. If a vaporizer is within your realm of possibility then definitely go for it. If you get a nice portable vaporizer it will pay for itself. It's healthier, smoother, better tasting. More efficient if you get a good vape.

Do it. Doooo it.

11. Just about anything is better than a spoon.

Even well-done home-made bongs will get you higher, and a grinder isn't necessary as with dry pieces.

12. I just recently made the switch from spoon to bubbler. I had been smoking the same two spoons since I got into regular smoking 3 years ago, with the exception of a few months when I had my buddys bong. My bubbler is now my daily driver and I love having a piece with water filtration.

Not only do I get bigger hits, but hey, its something different to smoke out of and its exciting because its my first piece with any water filtration. If you like your spoons portability, you don't necessarily have to sacrifice that when switching over to a bubbler.

As far as smoothness goes, its really is going to depend on the bud you're smoking...you could alwways cool the water in the but off in the freezer before your session I guess

13. [quote name='"Sativa Hangover"']Just about anything is better than a spoon.

Even well-done home-made bongs will get you higher, and a grinder isn't necessary as with dry pieces.[/quote]

Why the fuck wouldn't a grinder be necessary?

14. Mini Tube/Bong > Bubbler > Spoon

A mini tube would be my piece of choice as a new smoker, smoother than a spoon, has the feel of an old school bong, and is the size of a bubbler.

As an experienced smoker nothing beats a bong though! My 12.5" tall EFS champs.

15. Ive always liked bubblers more than most smoking methods cause theyre really smooth and pretty portable. the one i had was a beast, anyone who used it said they were more baked than usual lol

16. Its skmloother. Youcan get a decent bubbled for 15$

17. #17 shaddytheman, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2013
    LOL I got dem iron lungs! I control and manipulative the high, I chill for 5 minutes but this is during sitting down, when I stand up....damn the shit hits me straight to the dome, it's like an automatic reaction my body is telling me "get this niggha high quick!" haha

Back to the topic though, I'm trying to get a bubbler since the pipe is getting harsh for my throat plus I want that cool sensation. Can't get a bong because my sister checks the basement like a paranoid detective.

18. If you really want a small water filter piece I'd recommend a tiny bong instead of bubbler.

They are virtually the same price and the bong will be way easier to clean, plus the bong will rip way harder.

I'm so glad I opted for a mini tube vs the bubbler I was gonna buy.

19. I don't like bubblers cause th nasty water gets in my mouth just get a bong.

20. Honestly, I really love my spoon. It's a pretty clear yellow Grav Labs spoon (well it used to be pretty.. and clear.. and yellow...) Very few bubblers of other people I knew have matched up to mine, but maybe that's just pride, haha.