Is A Bubbler Less Harsh Than A Joint?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Leaf, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Kinda a noob and wondering if a bubbler is less harsh than a joint. Also, what is the best kind of bubbler and what would a good size be? I found this website called smokeday and they have some bubblers for really cheap hopefully the shipping is good for Canada and I'll buy one. I checked Hasty Market and no one knew what a bubbler was so I got to go online I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. A bubbler or any smoking medium that allows for water as an intermediary between the water and your lungs, will always be less harsh than a smoking medium that's entirely combustible and unfiltered. If you have to buy a bubbler buy from here or at least a site that people have heard of before. Lots of unreliable services and lower grade product out on the net nowadays. Why not invest money into the community you're a part of, where you know that everything is on the level?

3. That's true, I'll look at what grasscity has. It's just, the last time I was gonna buy a bong from here last year the shipping was like $20 so I didn't end up getting anything. I'll check it out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. A bubbler is less harsh cause u will be using water to moisten up the smoke. Ioffer.com has been popping up alot lately. Try there, for cheaper pieces.

5. Ya there are for sure some cool choices here on GC for bubs, and if you can't find something you like here than you could always see what jhanpixel has up :) I would go with a wubbler or even a bong myself althou joints do have there benefits I'm pretty sure as has been said water is safer ;)
    irie.

6. a joint offers almost 0 filtration beyond the paper and herb catching some of the tar as you smoke it, mind you though this lack of filtering gets you waaaay higher.

a bong or bubbler filters the smoke reducing the harshness and heat of the smoke while also reducing its overall potency but while also allowing for much bigger inhales that you can hold in a lot longer.

7. Hasty markets are good for cheap china pieces, they usually have them on display behind the counter but rarely carry bubblers.  Do you have a local head shop to go to, that would be your best bet.  Maybe check out bongoutlet.ca I have heard nothing but good things bout them.  Aslo GC rocks, but there shipping times are kind of lame.

8. Yeah dude once you smoke from a bubbler or bong you won't wanna use anything else. Smoked out of my 6 arm tree perc bubbler for over a year until I got my honeycomb perc bong. They are both SO ridiculously smooth compared to pipe or joint. The honeycomb perc makes it as smooth as hitting a hookah.

9. yes of course, because you're not inhaling the smoke straight from the bong into your lungs. it gets filtered through the water and holds in the glass until you suck it all up. from joints it goes straight into your lungs

10. haha i laugh at this topic. Bubblers have old resin like bongs and most people don't bother cleaning their piece or changing the water frenquently. Blunts and joints are alot less harsh, especially with a phunky feel tip or another type of good filter. I can smoke more blunts and joints in chain smoking than bubbler hits. Roll it up or shut the fuck up as i say  :smoke:

11. A bubbler is always better because it cools the smoke and filters out some carcinogens. If you buy a bubbler or a bong I would suggest getting a decent piece from somewhere reputable, the GC store has some nice pieces in it.

12. I would say a single hit from a joint is going to be smaller and less smoke than the average bong hit.

13. Bubblers are designed to be the ultimate single chamber water pipe.  If done well they smooth out the hit extremely, so yeah it's not a competition.

And all that garbage about resin etc is a logical fallacy.

14. two best sites i would recommend are this one, and 420Science.com and you can use the coupon code (HALEY20) for like i think 20% off anything. that only works for 420science

15. For real I hate toking out of some bubbler with brown resin cereal instead of water. People let their pieces get so nasty.

16. I picked up a nice black leaf double bubbler from the GC store a few moths back.

Best piece I've ever owned. Smooth as ever.

17. Yea tell me about it haha thats why i owned only 1 bong and 1 pipe and 1 bubbler. No more pieces than that lol. I dont mind glassware but i will stick with my papers and blunts

18.  for the best smoothness get a mini bong with a nice downstem. should get ya nice and lifted  :hippie: 

19. I can chief joints for way longer than I can hit my bubbler, but I think that it's because when you use a bubbler it is hard to tell how much smoke you are taking in. You end up taking huge hits because it's so smooth!

20. Lack of filtration doesn't get you higher. In fact a hit off a joint vs a bong, a bong will always get me higher.