is a blunt a type of joint?

Discussion in 'General' started by liljeff420, Sep 6, 2008.

1. #1 liljeff420, Sep 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2008
    or are they two different things? i know what a blunt is i just want to know its classified as.
    EDIT: i ask because theres a guy on youtube who smokes weed and talks about things in his videos and he was smoking a blunt and it said blunt in the title but somewhere in the video he also called it a joint

2. a blunt is a blunt

3. its a bong

4. i wouldn't say they are the same type. Blunts from dutches, joints from rolling paper. I see some similarity but not exact.

5. .ret3p dude hahah be serious man you made me laugh at many of your posts.

blunt is a joint man you spark it you smoke it.

6. #6 Hashmouf, Sep 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2008
    Technically I guess you can say yes, a blunt is a type of joint.....Or Vice Versa.

Since the fact that weed was first smoked in joint form in tobacco leaves which is what cigars actually are, not thin paper which we consider a joint now .

But since the term blunt was not yet used to describe this method of smoking it is not usually categorized with other known terms like, spliffs and joints.

In todays world Blunts are rolled with cigars or other generic processed tobacco cigar imitations. And joints are rolled with papers or cellulose wrappers.

Since some people have adverse reactions to tobacco or choose simply not to smoke it the use of less harmful papers was born. So the traditional way of smoking joints rolled in tobacco leaves was forever changed and joints now had a new look and description.

Even though the 2 terms Joint and Blunt seem to mean completely different things, a Blunt is just an example of the evolution, devolution and revolution of the same method.

7. It is tobacco paper orginally ment to be smoked as a cigar

8. for god sake guys, its a simple answer. a joint is rolled with paper and a blunt is rolled with a tobacco leaf, cigar shell etc.

9. a blunt is a marijuana cigar

a joint is a marijuana cigarette

though they need to be rolled and sealed and the weed needs to be broken down

it's what you use to roll each with is the one aspect that makes them different

though they are very similar, they are different

let's call them "related" methods

10. Blunts and joints are similar, but there's no word for the two of them. A pipe could be a bong (waterpipe), bubbler, or bowl. They all fit into the category of pipe. There's nothing that I can think of for blunts and joints though...but I got some Golden Wraps once and they're these papers that are tobacco and a little bigger than a joint, but it's pretty much a joint paper so we called them either "Bloints" or "Junts" and combines the two words.