Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is 60mg too much for an occasional smoker however has very high tolerance ?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Junkieeloel247, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Hey

I recently brought edibles and are sweets that make up to be 300mg in total however each sweet is 60 mg. tomorrow night me and my friend (both new to this) are going to do one however I’ve read that even 10mg is enough for beginners. I would like to point out though that I can smoke around 4 grams of weed and barely feel anything, same with my friend so guessing that means we have a slightly higher tolerance ? I’m not sure haha but if anyone could give some help and advice would mean a lot

• Like Like x 2
  2. #2 Joker1121, Aug 13, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    I find my tolerance to smoking doesn't quite correlate with my tolerance for edibles. Personally I think since you do have tolerance to smoking that a 60 mg dose would not be too much.
    Please let us know what you do and how it works out. It will help the next toker.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Unless from a dispensary and tested, edibles can be all over the place in both THC content and bioavailability. I’d go for it, just be sure to be prepared to crash in place if things go well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Takes 4 grams to feel anything and you only smoke occasionally.....must suck only getting shitty weed

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Smoked and eaten are not even the same drug so don't think one equates to the other.
    Smoked, Vaped, Topical = Delta-9=THC
    Eaten and converted by your liver = 11-Hydroxy-THC

11-Hydroxy-THC is 5 times stronger and 10 times longer lasting then Delta-9-THC. Simple numbers alone tell why it kicks ass.
    Second part, We all react differently on edibles for several reasons mostly to do with liver function and how efficiently your body converts one to the other.

Dosing = Many states now limit edibles to 10mg per dose. While very low this tries to keep newbee uses from winding up in the emergency room freaking out because they ate way to much edible.

Start at 10 or 25mg. Wait 2 hours. No kick? Eat 50mg more and wait another 2 full hours. Repeat and increase as needed until your stoned.
    Low dose uses may only need 2-3mg like my wife..
    High dose users like myself may need 200mg or more for a really good ride.

Keep in mind edibles are like a big scary rollercoaster if you eat to much. Your just stuck to take the ride and you can't make it stop to get off. It can get intense and wild as hell even for very experienced users like myself and I take edible hash oil nearly every day to control pain. The high lasts, and lasts, And lasts. Done right it can last all day at roughly the same intensity. Hits as fast as 30 min. Peaks at 2 hours and ever so slowly fades over the next 6 to 10 hours.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

[​IMG]
    I make some ass kicking meds if I do say so myself. :)
    -------> awards self a big AttaBoy !

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. 10mg is recommended for people who are new to edibles, also smoking tolerance has nothing to do with edible tolerance... & If ur smoking 4gs & not feeling high u must be smoking trash weed.. a gram of good weed will got most people high as fuck for a day or so :laughing: if ur tolerance to weed is really that high you need to switch to concentrates.

If you do eat the 60mg edible all at once remember it's just weed & it can't kill you.. & make sure u have some water/soda within reaching distance, edibles can give u Hella bad sand mouth :laughing:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Only one way to find out. Either wake up tomorrow or next week.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I’d split it into 3 doses eat one dose every 1.5 hrs till ur heads in the cloud.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Smoking is in no way the same as edible.
    My dad smokes every day. - but a small edible or tincture will have him blasted.

10. First of all...4 grams a day and barely feeling anything is either
    a: A lie - this is not a pissing contest here
    b: Horrible grade Z weed...or you're trying to smoke hemp
    c: You've smoked way too much was too quickly and you're in great need of a few weeks off.

Secondly, as some people have pointed out - edible tolerance has nothing to do with smoking/vaping tolerance.
    THC is converted by your body into 11-hydroxy-thc which is treated by your system as a completely different substance. Some parts of the feeling may be similar, but it's not the same thing.
    My edibles have left some occasional smokers with a light effect, and have dropped some veterans.

60mg sounds like you've intentionally bought one of the stronger ones you can...so...eat it and green out.
    If you have a bad experience on edibles, you'll reconsider your choices next time if you don't end up scaring yourself off of it.

It's like...just do it to do it man, like with everything else don't start at the high end...don't do it to impress anyone or to say you can. Find what's comfortable and work up from there.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I make my own edibles only and back in the days when I used to smoke a lot I needed much larger doses. I quit smoking now 6 months ago and I had t-break for 3 weeks. Ever since than a dose 4times smaller than I took before is too intensive for me. I think smoking build tolerance to edibles also. I used to smoke 2-3grams a day btw... for almost 10 years, so my tolerance was indeed sky high... not the case anymore luckily

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I have had 100mg edible, made me sleepy. I had 150mg the next day, not sleepy, stoned for 6 hours. I have eaten 250mg, lets just say Cotton Mouth and 9 hours of heavenly sleep. I now like 150mg over about an hour, perfect for me. Mellow & chill that ends in great sleep 3-4 hours after eating.

BTW: I have had 50mg, felt nothing. I doubt 60mg is enough if your tolerance is high but start slow and find "your spot".