Is 600 Watts Enough

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Nv82, Mar 25, 2011.

1. I was woundering if a 600w Electronic digital switchable grow light with a HPS bulb and MH bulb would be good for a small stealth grow in a closet about 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 with 4 small Ganja Dwarf/Lowryder autoflowering plants in it, or too much or not enough.
    Thank You

2. #2 NJsteez, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2011
    That will give you more than enough lumens for some really nice buds.. your biggest concern should be keeping heat under control. Depending on your fans and temperature around your closet this can be easy or not.

Ideal temperature range is 74-78 degrees Fahrenheit, Cannabis can grow well in a maximum of 84 degrees. You should have an ideal 10 degree drop in dark (lights out) 15 degrees maximum.

A fan blowing on your light/top of plants is a great idea.
    If you can, buy an air cooled hood for that light.
    You need a nice centrifugal duct fan for exhaust. I recommend a Vortex, they come with 10 year warranties, made in North America.

Having a passive intake is not a bad idea becuase you create a negative pressure in your closet, keeping in all air/smell besides what is coming out your exhaust.

3. Thanks Nj, I figured I would have isues with the heat. There's an air conditioner right beside that closet and base board heater below that so I figure it will take playen around, also I found a active air blower with the duct built into it, so then I can hook the carbon filter to that. Then I have to figure out what to do since the closet has them slitted folding closet doors. Idk maybe just cover them with something on the inside or both side. any idea's on the doors let me know neighber. Really appreciate the feed back bro
    :D

4. You can buy some 6mil plastic from hydro stores that have white on one side black on the other. Tack to the inside of your closet

5. yes as you want your plants to recieve 90-120 watts apiece yourfine

6. I wouldn't consider an air cooled hood optional. If you aren't going to get a good inline fan and air cooled hood I wouldn't run a 600 in that space.

I'd also recommend the Lumatek digital ballasts. They are dimmable so you can run it at 400 watts while the plants are smaller, then switch to 600 when they are bigger and can use the light.

7. Thank you everyone I think I am confident now in the setup and design, now to put the orders in only wanted to spend a couple hundred now im around 8hun! I guess it's all good having a hobby that will pay for it's self. Thank you agian everyone:wave:

8. If i were you i'd get a 400w hps and a 170w mh

9. You should test that duct blower you have found, it could just be a duct BOOSTER fan.. I learned the hard way. Even if they are rated 250 CFM they cannont move still standing air for s***. With carbon scrubbers attached to those fans, they cannot even function at all. In-line duct booster fans were designed to push already circulating air insede the ducting. Just FYI.

You can use Panda Film on the inside of the door, maybe staple it tightly alond the slits where the door opens. Idk how the Film will react with the door opening or not with that setup... if it will just tear or conform with the door while opening.