Is 23 too old for 18?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Rezo, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Penis+Vagina=Yay:hello:

2. my father is 30 years older then my mother.

3. Thank you all for your responses so far. :) The Michael Scott comparison had me laughing hard haha. I understand that some of you don't agree with anything under 18 but as I asked please no criticizing. I could never go under 18 (Too young for my taste and too annoying) but remember there are cultural differences in the world and even in some developed countries that is not taboo and perfectly legal. I just ask you respect your fellow blades even if you strongly disagree.

4. Two years ago you were legally slamming beers while she was learning how to drive ...

5. lmao nice comparison, but 16-18 is a huge difference as far as how much growing up you do, at least for me. i feel the same about 18-21. :smoke:

and ya dude go for it. no other time in your life will it be okay to date a hot 18 year old and have msot of society be cool with it lol

6. It's fine as long as you find a girl with the right maturity level. I know plenty of freshman that could date a 23 year old. I also know plenty of freshman that act like they're still in middle school...it really just depends on the girl.

7. Im 23 and my girlfriend is 19. We have been friends for almost several years now, but didnt start dating till recently.

8. 16 is the legal age of consent in many states.

9. [quote name='"jeffadamski93"']

16 is the legal age of consent in many states.[/quote]

Legally, maybe with parents consent at 16. Totally wrong morally IMO

10. Just remember that morals are subjective, and differ between people.

11. OP, organisms only exist to reproduce. This may be your only opportunity.

Every strand of your DNA is screaming for you to do it.

12. [quote name='"HipHopFiend"']

Legally, maybe with parents consent at 16. Totally wrong morally IMO[/quote]

I agree with you, and 18 is the age of consent in most states. Some maybe 16 but it's with parents consent and Such

[quote name='"jeffadamski93"']

Just remember that morals are subjective, and differ between people.[/quote]

And your morals are fucked up if your almost 40 and wanna have sex with a 16 year old.

Jesus Christ, girls are just finishing puberty and many are still going through it at that age. They aren't even women they are girls.

That's like me being 20 and wanting to get with a 12 year old. That's about the difference in life experience and maturity of a 16 year old and a guy in his mid 30's.
    A sophomore in high school with a guy that's been out of school for 20 years?

If you don't think that is wrong imagine you having a 16 year old daughter and her dating a guy in his 30's.

After all this if you still see no problem, well you need some help bud.

/end rant.

13. half ur age plus seven. ur 23. 18.5. but whatever.

14. I don't think a guy who's almost 40 should fuck a 16 year old. I was just pointing out that you shouldn't judge someone because you think a choice they make is immoral. We're on the fucking internet, you don't know everything about the culture of every user on this site. Different culture=different morals.

15. You're wrong for calling it pedophilia. Pedophilia only applies to prepubescent children. The correct term would be ephebophilia. There is nothing inherently wrong with this, and I don't know why it would be considered wrong if both parties are consenting. When I was 17 I had sex with a 30 and 31 year old and I messed around with a 46 year old. It was all good for me and the other guys as well.

I am curious as to why you consider it morally wrong. Surely you have a good reason?

16. Moral boundaries in relation to sex and age always interest me.

There is a reason why a 14 year old girl can have a baby.

There is a reason why your dick stops working after a while.

There is a reason why nature does what it does.

And yet humans have the fucking balls to think their "morality" matters.

When we're long dead, and 12 year old monkies are taking it up the ass doggy style do you think nature is going to say, "Fuckin' monkies and their pedophilia"?

If you ask me people are FAR TOO repressive of their sexual nature. It's not healthy.

17. [quote name='"jeffadamski93"']

I don't think a guy who's almost 40 should fuck a 16 year old. I was just pointing out that you shouldn't judge someone because you think a choice they make is immoral. We're on the fucking internet, you don't know everything about the culture of every user on this site. Different culture=different morals.[/quote]

The thing is I'm not really a judgmental person, I usually just go with the flow, but pedophilia is one of the worst things, no matter the culture. So yes I'm gonna judge him, im not sure you grasp how utterly messed up that is, it can destroy a kids psyche and scar them for life.
    A kid in the middle of puberty hooking up with a 37 year old can do nothing but harm and she may not realize it, where as the adult is fully aware of what he is doing.
    You say different culture=different morals, give me an example of a culture that has Internet access and speaks English (since the poster has Internet and speaks English) where it's not frowned upon for a 37 year old to hook up with a 16 year old.

As for the op, you are fine it's not that big of a gap.

18. That's an invalid comparison. A 12 year isn't in almost all cases going to be really mature enough for sex not to have some negative impacts. But by 16, most are ready to have sex and will not be harmed by it. So what is the problem?

You're "relative maturity" thing just doesn't really make sense.

19. I agree that it has alot to do with maturity but I don't think 18 & 23 are that big of a difference. I met my husband when I was 15 but didn't start dating him until I was 17. He was 22. We got married when I was 20 and he was 25. He acts his age but I act older than I am so we get along great. He does call me a kid quite often, LOL. He is now 28 and I'm 23 and age has never been a problem for us. Everyone is different. :)

Best of luck man!!!!