Is 20w input floresent plant light good

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by caligardener, Aug 17, 2011.

1. I only have one gdp clone 3" tall and 1 24" floresent light 2" away from her and i added jungle advanced nuttrients to it temp is about 65-70f. What do you guys think what should i add or remove or change thanks for any input guys and girls i realy need it very first grow

2. #2 Scab Herb, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011
    Is your light the right spectrum, add 4 6500k 23w cfls for side lighting. A 24" will be wasting alot of it's output on 1 small small clone, the household cfl bulbs pack more lumens in a tighter space 4-5 make a nice 1' circle/box rather the a 6X24" srtip. http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/122824-kamels-cfl-guide.html every thing you NEED to know on the first page, read the rest for some examples and to answer any more than basic Qs. The plant in my avatar is because of that guide and 2 months of cfl before I put her out ;)

3. I'm working with two 24s and I have 9 plants but damn I'm switching to the spiral bulbs because it takes much longer and the growth is not as good. You might have 1000 lumens in that one bulb but with large spiral daylights you can get over 2000, and if you have a few those would be a much better alternative, though this is all I have.

4. 23-26w suposedly have the most lumens per watt mine are 1600 lumen. I used 4 at first and added 3 more sidelights for the last week. I ended up with a tight cantoulpe sized ball of a dozen tops in 2 months.