Is 150w hps sun system enough for 3 ladies?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Tall420, Aug 4, 2010.

1. The lamp in question is said to be 16,000 lumens and the space is 2x4 roughly with I mil on the walls and floor.Any info is appreciated

2. it's a little small, but can certainly be made to work. generally, you want 100watts for the first plant and 50 additional watts per each added plant.

3. I figured that Mylar would increase the lumens to a degree.maybe someone could possibly elaborate as to how to increase my yield in these conditions

4. I figured that Mylar would increase the lumens to a degree.maybe someone could possibly elaborate as to how to increase my yield in these conditions

5. Does Mylar increase your lumens and by how much?is there maybe a formula possibly.

6. It won't "increase the lumens", the amount of light the bulb is producing won't be effected.

Less light will be "wasted" though, so yes, mylar is a great option (and quite cheap, you can buy it off ebay sellers the exact length you want)

7. I would say that with proper ventilation, and getting it as close as possible without burning throughout the whole grow, you would be fine with 150w. If you LST the plants you can control the rate at which they grow vertically as well as make the plant bushy as well, increasing yield, and decreasing vertical height in your grow space. This will also expose the stem to more light, eventually making more budsites, thus getting the most out of your lamp. As for the sides of your grow space, mylar, panda film, or FLAT WHITE paint (brush on, not spraypaint!!!) will do the trick.

8. This is what I was able to do with just two plants under one 150 watt hps. Into the third week of flowering and realize that the plant needs more light to produce a stronger bud. Not saying that one light is adequate. TLC gives BBB (Bigger Better Buds).

Attached Files:

9. I have a similar sized space and a sunsystem 150. I've found that I can grow three but the yeild for three seems only marginally better then for two. The buds are less dense, so I only grow two at a time now.

10. Thanks 805..i've seen similar set ups like yours and it appears to pull much more yield in by spreading it out than up..how would one go about this..I've always been outside so I'm used to just lettin it go as big as it wants.