Is 13 watts of UVB reptile lighting enough to do anythng?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Joedahoe, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Title says it all. i see alot of posts about people using 26 watt UVB bulbs or more. I only have a 13 watt UVB reptile bulb. would that be enough for just one plant?

2. Bump. Anyone?

3. So nobody has a clue?

4. Cause online everywhere i see says theyre beneficial but no one has a recommended wattage

5. #5 tplat, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2013
    For one plant probably depending on the size.
    I know the one above my bearded dragon tank is 26 watts. I cant remember what exactly UV light does for buds atm but it is supposed to increase something. One thing a lot of people don't realize with UV bulbs is that the florescent tube ones spread the UV light out better then the cfl type and if you run them 8 hours a day or more then they are only good for about 6 months. After that they will continue to produce light just not much if any UV light.

6. No

Anything under 26 ain't Gonna do shit

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #7 Joedahoe, Jul 28, 2013
    thanks man, at least someone had some kind of info. yeah i run the 13 watt all 12 hours alongside my cfls. ill probably add in 2 26 watts for a more even distribution of trichs. (they increase trich production, its like plant sunscreen). so far its only been 2 days and i already see improvment on the area closest to that bulb. thanks again man. +rep

Edit: nvm forgot rep is gone :(

8. really? i already see an increase in just 2 days... 

9. Really? Cause its (uvb) only supposed to increase resin production.... so how many extra trichs are there?

Yes this is a loaded question.

10. Yeah really u might be able to "veg" "grow" it is a weed but it will stretch way to much fall over and die. There is not enough "energy" coming from that bulb to produce buds. Do your self a favor and grab a min of 100 actual watts of cfl not equivalent and you will be at the bear minimum to produce buds off one plant. Good luck and if you need any other advice let me know.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. i think op has lighting taken care of his question is, is the uvb light he has suitable enough to increase resin production .

12. Yes this exactly. I have 240 actual watts covering the plant but added a 13 watt uvb. No trichs were noticeable until the uvb was added now im seeing alot more "glimmer" and tiny trichs forming over the leaves closest to the uvb.

13. #13 Joedahoe, Jul 28, 2013
    Theyre much more noticeable on buds closest to the uvb.