Is 1000W too much?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nugmasterflash, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Hey guys,

I have a 3.25x3.25x6.5 grow tent from HTG supply, listed here:
    High Tech Garden Supply

I currently am running a 400W and have 9 girls about to enter their second week of flowering which are about 2 feet tall. I have a friend who recently offered to let me run his 1000W, so I'm thinking about stepping up since it would be free equipment. (It's a Sun System 1 with Hortilux HPS bulb)

I'm running a CanFan 6" with a Can33 filter for ventilation and the new light would be air cooled. Would 1000W be overkill in this tent? I think the 400 is a bit weak...

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

2. I definatly think it's overkill, but I'd borrow it anyway if he's going to let you use it.

Just make sure that you monitor the temps very carefully. :D

The only think you have to lose is a bit of electricity.

3. 4k watts in an HPS in a small room like that would be overkill. It could bleach your plants. But with proper ventilation and a steady temperature, 1000 watts should be alright :) If you don't mind the slightly higher electric bill, it should be cool. 400 watts would be OK too.

[By all means, correct me if i'm wrong, I just essentially quoted the cannabis grow bible :) ]