Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is 10 for half a gram a rip off?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by AlexHalding, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Okay, so I've been out of the game for awhile. I use to go to this guy, and he charges $20 for a g, and it's always VERY good stuff. I mean its expensive, buts its definitely not reggie. 

Anyways, is that a rip off? I would buy more, but I'm strapped for cash as work is very slow due to the cold winter.

Am I getting ripped off? He's the only dealer in town, as the only other guy was charging me $15 for a gram, and it was either awful reggie or skunk. Also, he was very inconsistent while the dealer who charges $20/g is always consistent. 

So, am I getting ripped off?

2. #2 The Architect, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014
    Short answer? No you're about at the average payment level, in fact for the only dealer in town $15 a gram is a pretty good deal.

3. If it's dank, that's normal.

4. Depends on alot of things like where you are, how good the weed is, etc.

5. @[member="s0mekind"] @[member="The Architect"] The weed is nice, I've had Blue Cheese and Super Lemon Haze from him, but thats just his word. Smelled right though. It's great weed, runs $20/g

6. if the dude is charging 20 a g then 10 for .5 is the best you can ask for. buy more for price breaks.

7. I pay 20 a g for exo, 70 a half for Reggie

8. In Cali I always been paying $20 for a gram. When I first started smoking, I thought $20 was the lowest for a g. But now a days I'm seeing a lot of dank priced at $10-$15 a gram.When I lived in Florida for awhile, a guy I was about to buy from told me "well the shit I smoke is $20 a g" I was like okay? Why would it be any less?So yeah a gram of dank can easily range from $10-$35. Most street dealers wont charge $30+ a g though. $30 is the most I have paid for a g but it was some very high grade top shelf from a dispensary.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. all dpends where u live here? hell yea topshelfs 10 a g. nd u can get 5 grams of decent mids for 15. but if i was in ur situation. i wud go with the dank. $5 extra nd u get to enjoy it. i hate smoking mids. its just not enjoyable

10. Find another connect, you shouldn't be paying that much in Cali, even if it is off the streets.

11. I say go for it then man.

12. [quote name="s0mekind" post="19395971" timestamp="1390537555"]Find another connect, you shouldn't be paying that much in Cali, even if it is off the streets.[/quote] Sorry said that wrong, USE to pay $20 a g. I pay $15 or $10 now depending on stain. But If your saying $10 to $15 is to much per gram of dank, please tell me where to go. Never seen lower on or off the streets. Let's put it this way, I'm not a medical cannabis card holder, but I buy from my connect what the dispensary has and pay what dispensary charges. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Standard round here

14. #14 POWskier, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014

Dispensaries in california selling $30 grams of cannabis.... Thats like what a gram of killer BHO costs or 3.5 grams of perfectly crafted ganja. Are they flying in jesus to grow their weed?

Some of these places price their buds high so rich people think they are getting a deal and buying the best weed out there. $30 for a gram to me seems like a complete rip off when collectives are buying a pound for less than $3,000.

I bought weed from the cannabis cup that won for $10 a gram. 

15. I pay the same, I think is ok, is also always good weed here, he also sell 10$ for 1G if I buy mids.

16. I pay 30$ for a gram lol stfu!

17. if it's really good like you say, then it's fine. Good weed normally goes for 20/g

18. Yeah I won't pay anything over $25. Plus I'm not one of those smokers who feel they need some %50 THC (exaggeration) heaven grown bud. I mean if your payin that much for bud it's gotta be SUPER high grade. I remember reading awhile ago about some super potent off the charts bud basically calling it the real "one hitter quitter" that grown in Colorado was priced just $35 a g. But now it's all crazy.

I can get dank for $10 a g. I guess it depends where you go really.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. I get my good bud for 10 a g, through a friend from a care giver. Im currently smoking on some stuff called jillybean and its fantastic. I also buy some high mids for 80 a half for rolling blunts and what not.