Irritating Situation With Deleting Files, Please Lend a Hand

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by wickedjoker, Nov 21, 2009.

1. So, I have this folder of like 20 useless terrible songs that came on my computer as samples. I try to delete this folder/these files and it asks me for confirmation, I say continue, it then asks for permission, I click continue, then a popup window titled "Destination Folder Access Denied" and says "You need permission to perform this action." I click Try Again and the window simply pops back up immediately.

The same thing happens when I try to delete another folder filled with useless shit.

This is my computer an no one elses, my user account is the only one and it's Administrator.

I'm terribly frustrated right now and at a loss.. Someone please help me out?

2. download the program unlocker. its a free app that'll get rid of stuff like that for you. i've used it a million times, hasn't failed me yet. :hello:

3. ahhhh you the shit man, i'll check it out.
    there aren't any, uh, downsides, are there?
    not down for any of that bad shit on my sexy new laptop

4. It should be cool, know your source though.

5. when u start up windows hold down f8 and start up windows in safe mode then u should be able to delete the file

6. I might have to do this, being as this Unlocker thing didn't work at all lol.

7. +1 for unlocker, very useful program.

try booting into safe mode and using unlocker from there

8. It sounds like you need to disable User Account Control. If you let me know what version of Windows you are running I can provide instructions, but Google should be able to help with that as well.

9. Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit

10. #12 Fëanor, Nov 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2009
    Let me know if this works:

To turn off UAC:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

In Control Panel, click User Accounts.

In the User Accounts window, click User Accounts.

In the User Accounts tasks window, click Turn User Account Control on or off.

If UAC is currently configured in Admin Approval Mode, the User Account Control message appears. Click Continue.

Clear the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box, and then click OK.

Click Restart Now to apply the change right away, or click Restart Later and close the User Accounts tasks window.

User Account Control Step-by-Step Guide

User account control does provide a level of security; anyone remotely controlling your system will generally be unable to respond to a UAC prompt. However, I have found UAC to be a royal pain in the butt so I disable it frequently.