Irrigation System

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Ebola21, Feb 18, 2018.

1. good thread,
    i been looking at items that amazon has to offer,,, im liking the bluemat,..

2. Hello,
    I'm jumping into the middle of this thread. I'm a new home grower and new to this forum. I finally was able to buy some good seeds and am starting to learn to grow my favorite plant. My question and problem is watering when away. My wife likes us to travel and I want to grow plants! We generally would be gone for no longer than 10-14 days at a time.
    What I am thinking I would like to do is to buy an irrigation timer (Orbit B-hyve 57925 Smart 8-Station Wi-Fi Sprinkler System Controller) to control valves with solenoids and use a submerged pump (VIVOSUN 800GPH Submersible Pump(3000L/H, 24W), Ultra Quiet Water Pump with 10ft High Lift) in a large 16 gallon tub for feeding the valves and ultimately I was thinking of a halo drip (Bloom Brothers GGWR09 Hydro Halo Water Ring 9-Inch) in the planters. I was also going to add an air stone to the reservoir (tub).

I'm uncertain of what type of valves to get, there are so many types:
    Rainbird LFV075 3/4" Low Flow Dv Drip Irrigation Control Valve, preassembled valve manifolds (Orbit 57253 3-Valve Heavy Duty Preassembled Manifold , Orbit DripMaster 67790 4-in-1 Drip Irrigation Valve , what kind of valve to get?)

I think i need the submerged pump as opposed to just using gravity. The water
    reservoir will be about 3 feet above the plants. I suppose I will need to consider anti-siphon issues.

Does anyone have any experience in the above equipment. I realize this is not a cheap set-up but I want to make sure when I am out of town that the plants (in soil) will at least get the right amount of water per plant. I'll only probably have no more than two flowering at a time and maybe a mother or two and maybe two vegging.

I hope this makes some sense. I have two auto flowering feminized plants growing now and have an inexpensive timer with hose and connectors though I am very happy to hand water. I just don't think it is flexible enough and I should test more but I do not think it gives an even distribution of water.

Thoughts? Does my proposed system make sense?

Did I post this in the wrong place?

Thanks!

3. I have a 20 site manifold made from 2” pvc. I would recommend a valve in each line coming from a port to control the flow. The first plant will get most water pressure (turn it down) and the last will get barely a trickle (turn it up)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. hi,
    So you are suggesting a manual valve that I just set the correct flow on each valve depending on its position, first plant to last plant. So, a simple valve should do the trick. I suppose with some testing I will get the flow correct for each plant. Your set-up and plants look great!

thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Just use some empty buckets to dial it in close and feed away

7. i'm a S2C disciple and built his manifold as well (only needed 6 drops, not 20):

01232019_ (1).jpg 01232019_ (2).jpg 01232019_ (3).jpg 01232019_ (9).jpg 01232019_ (8).jpg 01232019_ (4).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. #48 drfeelgood58, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    hello again,
    So, to accomplish my goal of being able to water while away I think you are suggesting the following: I could use my "reservoir" with the submerged pump (and air stone) and feed a header i could build out of say 1/2" pvc and off of each header i would add a manual valve with a lever that I "dial in" to the flow i want for each different plant. It looks like you have emitters at the end of each hose off the valve from the header. I will study your pictures more.
    I could then activate the pump and thus water my plants by using a wifi enabled powerstrip and not even need the irrigation controller. Though that would leave it to me to have an internet connection or no watering. Maybe i could use a programmable wifi timer and use the wifi as a backup if i felt it needed more water than i programmed the timer for.
    Your idea if i can get it to work for me will be much less expensive with no special solenoid valves and irrigation controller as i was thinking.

I am thinking the pump I plan to buy will have plenty of pressure to feed 4-6 feed valves/hoses.

I attached a pic of my two plants. First time grow with purchased seeds, both auto flower and feminized I received free with my order ... Diesel Auto and Blue Amnesia Auto

not quite 6 weeks old . should have said ....

I'll study your pictures more, i'm very appreciative!

Thanks for all your replies.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. All I use is a 55 gallon tote, submersible pump, in-line filter, 2” manifold, 1/4” brass valves, 3/8” lines, 3/8” drip rings (homemade with tees and 1/8” holes drilled into section of tubing

• Like Like x 1