Irrigation System

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Ebola21, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Helps a lot thanks. Just getting annoyed by UK sizes, all 4/7 instead of 5/8 etc so making sure im getting things that actually fit each other lol. Gonna be a life saver. 2 hours last night watering my girls in flower with a hose pipe on mist setting. just sat there holding a hose its not smart gardening is it really.

2. yeah i'm only on my third crop of plants and the second crop of plants got a reservoir and pump lol - watering the girls is usually pretty calming for me - but the wife doesn't like me disappearing all night. The pump really reduces my time requirements in the garden.

[​IMG]
    Notice yellow reservoir, just above that is the hose line. It runs from right to left and ends in the 2x2 feeding the plant at the end. This configuration suckkkked - very uneven feeds with everything dumping into the final halo ring in the 2x2.

I put the pump on a smart plug and use the timer in the smart plug to schedule the feeds.

• Like Like x 1
  3. It's calming for me but I'm not just growing for myself anymore so become a bit of a chore tbh. Also because of where I grow I dont like spending much time in there at unsociable hours as it will get noticed. The other reason why auto watering be so good for me.

What power pump did you go for in the end? With all the separate valves shouldnt be one pot getting more than the rest unless set the valve to do that?

4. I'm still using my original pump it's around 400gph - i'm hoping it has enough power to push nutes up a half inch tube about 4 feet. Otherwise, i'll have to invest in another.

• Like Like x 1
  5. i also invested in a pH controller - keeps the reservoir at the right pH without my interaction. By saving 10 minutes here and there, i've probably saved hours on my overall lifespan by not pH'ing lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yeh not too fussed about that is my girls are all in soil. My water out of the tap is a ridiculously high ph but never had any issues unless I reuse soil without liming.

• Like Like x 2
  7. The inline filter just helps keep the lines from getting clogged. I’m running premixed nutrients from a 55 gallon reservoir. My pump runs for one minute 2 or 3 times a day dep ndingnon stage. I dial the flow by adjusting the valves. My system is a 20 site manifold i setup in case I wanted to do a true SOG style grow on my 4x4. Most I’ve used is 16.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. What one did you get and how much bud. That’s on my short list along with environmental controllers

9. Cool well Ive always scrogged but im doing a normal scrog vs manifold light this next run and if manifold does better on the clone then I'm gonna ram more plants in and manifold them. Only thing about scrogg imho is it makes it harder to ram more in as is harder to move them about unless you scrogg each individual plant which then becomes a chore and defeats the purpose of making life easier.

10. I’m manifolding this run on four plants. I think they’re gonna yield decent, two each 8 colas and 16 colas. The other 5 had barely any training so will only have a few big colas on them but could be really big with these qb96elite v2’s.

I wasn’t happy with my last two scrogs but they were organic waternonly so maybe I’ll give it another go with a form of hydro sometime. Too many things going on right now though

• Like Like x 1
  11. and
    Agreed - you're juggling like 70 plants now right? lol That basement is fantastic. You should record a video of each of your grow rooms, 15 seconds each, and upload to giphy :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. I have 6 plants in my 4x4 flower area, 3 in my 2x4 flower area.

Then in veg I have:
    6- Deez nugs
    2- Sams Crack
    2- Grapey Walter
    1- Gold Glue
    1- Brooklyn Sunrise
    1- Rainmaker clone (new mother)
    1- Granddaddy Black clone (new mother)

I have the old Rainmaker mother rootbound in 3 gallons that I’m gonna toss, and a white shark mother same deal, I’m tired of her genetics.

So 25 if you want to be picky but I’m about to kill two so 23. Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. If you ever fancy doing some more organics just as a lil challenge or summit then will gladly offer you all the help I can. At the minute I'm doing both, but in soil. Running multiple side by sides, but im not going for taste etc im going for pure cash at the mo. Chopped two girls last night in organics that are all mine, the buds are rock solid and it stinks, be interesting to see in comparison with the other 5 i chop in 2 weeks where I have used commercial nutes (all dry stuff, water only/top dress type set up)

14. I’m probably done with organics. Tired of wasting time. I’ll veg water only again probably but if I go to flower in soil I’m bringing bottles of reinforcements

15. It is a learning curve but given that you are happy with how you do it then good good.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I'll get judgement on this for its cost, but it really saves a ton of valuable time.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Time is the only thing in life we cannot buy more of.

18. No judgement. That’s the one I was looking at. Along with the whole ppm, ph, temp monitoring kit

19. so true.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I highly recommend bluelabs - you can set the 4 and 7 pH and it holds its accuracy for 30 days before it asks you to do it again.

The one part i don't care for is the 'connect' part of the one i bought - it was extra for the connect feature and I had to spend another $100 for the bluetooth usb dongle to talk to the PC and it is spotty as hell.

If you can get the non-connect version of the ph controller for $300 that would be ideal.