Irrigation Deep in the Backcountry. Using streams?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by cannabisblunt, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Hey all,
    I am planning on planting in a national forest where I have to hike about 3 miles to get to the spot. I also live about 2 hours away, but go to college 45 minutes away from this spot. That means that I will be able to visit the plot about once every 2-3 weeks. Is there any sort of irrigation system I could set up from the creek to water my plants?

Or would the moisture from the plant being close to the creek be sufficient (that is saying it doesn't flood)?

2. First off, being a fellow NorCal neighbor, I would advise against growing in a national park. There are too many fucking Mexicans growing in there, and because of them the cops fly and hike the parks regularly looking for grows. The odds of getting a grow completed without being caught or ripped off isn't too good. But, that being said, there are ways to irrigate using streams. You can take a bucket, drill a hole in the side towards the bottom and glue in a plastic or brass nipple. Plug the end of a length of poly pipe onto the nipple and anchor the bucket in the stream, on its side. As water constantly fills the bucket, water is forced into the pipe. Really only works well with high water pressure or if your irrigation site is below the stream (using gravity). My best advice is to find another site with less potential traffic and that is closer to home. Keep it steath and keep it safe bro....

3. Thank you for the advice. The statistics for this certain trail I want to go to has only 5,000 visitors a year. Thats basically 12 people a day...a very small number.

I have thought about it, and I will just have to scope out the land and look for a better spot.

4. No problem, then. :smoking: