Irrational phobia of snakes!

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by H4Boxer, Aug 2, 2012.

1. I can watch snake documenteries and all that easily, actually find some snakes quite amazing with the abalitys they have aquired. I avoid interactions with them at all costs. Apparently when I was younger, before my earliest memory, I lived in a house that garter snakes liked to be around, maybe that's the root of my phobia but who knows. I'm cool with lizards, amphibians and the rest but can't stand snakes. No limbs= Don't trust in my book.

Anyone else on GC with this?

2. I have an irrational fear of SPIDERS!

Not exactly on topic but I freak the fuck out!!

3. man that aint irrational.. fuck snakes AND spiders..

if i even feel the slightest tickle that could be a bug crawlin on me i start punchin myself tryin to kill whatever it is..

4. Your better than me. I don't even want to look at them.

Sometimes my skin crawls and I think their slithering all over me.

A few days ago I saw one that was probably three inches long. I ran screaming, and running, and screaming. Continuously. And then when I felt safe I just stood there and shivered with tears running down my face.

One time I was smoking with some people, and this one guy had his pet snake with him. He knowing my fear decided it would be a great idea to pass the pipe to me with the snake in the same hand. Well we where in a car and me sitting shot gun, reached back to grab it and felt the mother fucking thing on my fingers. I screamed and yelled at him. Oh yeah and I hit him...

5. [quote name='"SnowCappedHills"']Your better than me. I don't even want to look at them.

Sometimes my skin crawls and I think their slithering all over me.

A few days ago I saw one that was probably three inches long. I ran screaming, and running, and screaming. Continuously. And then when I felt safe I just stood there and shivered with tears running down my face.

One time I was smoking with some people, and this one guy had his pet snake with him. He knowing my fear decided it would be a great idea to pass the pipe to me with the snake in the same hand. Well we where in a car and me sitting shot gun, reached back to grab it and felt the mother fucking thing on my fingers. I screamed and yelled at him. Oh yeah and I hit him...[/quote]

Damn.. I wouldn't have even got in the car lol. I've let my buddies know if they pull that scare the guy who's afraid snakes shit, I'm swinging on em without warning!

6. Yeah I didn't have a choice... Me and my best friend decided to go kidnap our two friends from their church (their brother and sister). So we walk in and get them, which was hilarious when everyone turned to watch us take them away. Well turns out he had is snake with him... and its not like we could leave it. Haha

7. religions always gettin weirder and weirder

8. snakes are fun. i love messing around with great big garter snakes.

spiders on the other hand made it so i will not go anywhere in the world that has large spiders.

fuck spiders.

9. Fear of snakes is called ophidiophobia or ophiophobia.

10. Only good snake is a dead snake...

11. #11 StraiT100, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2012
    Couldn't it be said that most all phobias are irrational?
    I'm scared of spiders, probably because they are so small and sneaky. If they were bigger and louder i could spot them, and probably shoot them..

12. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i have an 18 month old niece and little neighbor kids who like to play in this area. Any snake I see is dead.

13. [quote name='"CosmicRiver12"']

i have an 18 month old niece and little neighbor kids who like to play in this area. Any snake I see is dead.[/quote]

Hate those fuckers! Chop em up and throw em in battery acid, just in case..

14. If it's not a venomous snake then i really dont get bothered. But if it is i get the fuck outta there.

Spiders im not really scared of i just dont like them. if they're outside whatever but if they're inside i will kill them.