Iron's Method

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Ironhead, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well I dont have the Grow yet bro. I have to order it since we dont have any hydro stores around here. So what ratio of the micro/bloom should i use to rinse it? And just use the micro/bloom for the rinse, correct? Then feed with normal strength veg lineup?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. You could use 3/4.5 prolly for your stage of growth. Just cut it in half and that would be pretty low ppm as it is.. should correct the problem.

I rinse with all the nutrients in there.. so exactly as I would feed normally just at quarter strength.

One thing I do is I make a gallon of regular strength nutrients... pour out 3/4's of the gallon and replace it with regular water and ph to 5.8. Now you have a gallon of quarter strength nutrients..

Feed with that til runoff, then use the leftover 3/4 gallon of regular strength nutrients to correct the ppm after the rinse.

Make sense?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yessir, sure does bro! I'll give that a try when i feed tonight! I'll post some pics too when i pull the girls out of the tent.

4. Yeah i just fed with quarter strength nutes at 300ppm, & then fed with 3/4 a gallon of regular strength at 550ppm, & my runoff is 1100ppm bro!

5. pH is coming out at 5.4 too!

6. So what should i proceed to do now bro? Give it a day or two, & then repeat the same process i just did? Like maybe skip feeding tomorrow, & then feed tuesday with the quarter strength and then normal feed?

7. I dumped out that first tray of runoff, & i let the rest of it drain out into the tray, & now it is only reading around 900, so that's a little better than i originally thought.

8. Okay, here's the pics i said id post. Im about 99% sure im going to get rid of the runt though, & just veg the Misty Kush longer and scrog it. I'm done wasting nutes on the Black Berry OG... I've never had a plant grow as slow as she has. Probably my own fault, but i'm learning.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. Was it pollinated from a nanner? If so, i'm dying to see your results and if it turns out stable, I have a billion seeds I accidentally crossed as well but haven't run them since the stigma of nanner pollen.

• Like Like x 1

10. Give them more 1/4 strength nutrients until the runoff is lower than that. Then run the veg nutrients again until the runoff matches.

1100... No wonder you had burnt tips eh?

Now if ya stay on top of keeping the pots watered, you shouldn't have any problems with build up.

I would give it a day to dry out, then see how heavy the pots are day after tomorrow. Next time they start to get light, water until runoff again and check it to make sure you are still within a good range.

11. Okay thanks bro! I will wait until tuesday and rewater with the 1/4 strength nutes until the ppm gets down quite a bit, then feed with the regular strength.

12. dunno if this questions been asked..... what king of lighting do you use through out your grow?

13. #1853 Ravenboy, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    edited

decided to drink the kool-aid

• Like Like x 1
  14. Whats the best way to prepare my coco for seeds. Just mix with plain water or mix in with seedling nutrient mix?

15. Using tap water? You know what ppm?

Lately I've been starting seeds in RO, I been adding just cal/mag for the first 2 weeks, then dropping the cal/mag for the rest of the grow.

Rinsing coco, I just use tap, then use a couple gallons of RO water with 5ml cal/mag added to it. Been putting my ppm about 300-400 range. Working great for seeds and clones. If you have higher tap water, adding cal/mag prolly isn't needed.

After the first couple weeks, I start the early veg formula and they take right off.

• Like Like x 3

16. No you need to do it now.. they will get worse if allowed to sit with that high runoff. Rinse it out asap or you will get burn on it even more than it has now, even just overnight.

17. im using 5 gal pots are they big enough for a 3 month grow?

18. I been reading back through this thread and it looks like so much has changed since the first page i cant keep up. I see alot of talk about ph and ppm i thought that was never needed with this method. what about the ratio for veg and bloom is it not 6/9 anymore. looks like i got alot of catching up to do

• Like Like x 1
  19. Just had a quick read through the back half of the thread. Am i right in saying you dont use Cali-Magic and Photo Plus anymore? and what about Cannazym?

20. Okay bro, i will get it done today then. I had to be in bed early last night so I could be up for work at 11:00pm last night, otherwise I wouldve gotten done last night. What should I get the rinse runoff down to before I add back the normal feeding?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.