Iron's Method

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Ironhead, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks That what I thought
    I need to look at that chart,

2. Hahaha. Alright bro, will do! So i shouldnt be waiting until they are completely dry anymore to water? I still havent been watering until there is runoff tho. I've just been watering with a half gallon each. I just fed the Misty Kush yesterday bcuz the pot felt bone dry. The runt (Black Berry OG) still had some weight to it though, so i didnt bother feeding it. Should i start watering with a gallon or so now, or keep with the small feedings for now, & just do them more often? I've still been feeding the Misty Kush the 3/4.5 & then the rest of the veg formula. PPM's going in have been about 550. Not sure what they may end up being coming out though. I may water with one more 550 feeding until there is some runoff so i can check the pH and the PPM of the runoff, & hopefully it'll be somewhere in the vicinity of 600-700 ppm's. Lol.
    So are you now using all of the GH products on that chart bro? Or did you just add in the Gro?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #1803 STIGGY, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    Iron here is my outdoor buds finally starting to swell
    [​IMG]
    Oh and there is about another 40 tops to this one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. That top Bud is up by the roof!

5. The only problem I'm having with the method is how fucking large and in charge these bitches are.. I'm excited and scared for harvest time!

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have done about 5 grows using Irons way
    Ever plant yielded over 8ozs and a few topped over an elbow

• Like Like x 2
  7. The Coco buds are fat dense and covered in crystals, really happy with them.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Make sure to do the 2 week flush
    If you have the PPMs pen Flush it until it almost the same as the water you use before adding the nutes
    It will taste so so sweet.
    Right Iron

• Like Like x 1
  9. If I kno they are high then yes maybe half gallon then hit but I've been doin molasses every water in flower and think it helps keep salts down 1/2 tsp every day or water. I'll post some pics these I've been feeding at around 500-600ppm in flower but I'm going back to 5.7-5.8 Oh my special queen didn't like back to back 5.5 but overall if you ask me you got it down I would just add a mini flush at every transition veg,flower late flower and just fall back nutes off while it ripes

10. here's pics iron
    WP_20160913_22_24_15_Pro.jpg WP_20160913_22_22_23_Pro.jpg WP_20160912_19_42_13_Pro.jpg C85F2A5C-F5E4-430B-BE8D-C2326FD5E857.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Iron I sent you PM about your past

12. Hey Iron, it has have seemed the last couple times i have fed with the 3/4.5 and rest of the veg lineup, minus the cannazym, that my lower fan leaves are starting to get a little burn on the tips of all of them. The PPM's going in have been about 550 or so, & I am pHing to 5.6, since im waiting a couple days in between feedings, but i still havent had any runoff to check. Should I water until there is some runoff tomorrow and check what i have coming out? Do you think the PPM's in the coco may be too high, and that would be what is causing the burn on the tips?

• Like Like x 1

13. You need to water til runoff hombre. It's been a while now since you transplanted.. give em a good watering and check the runoff.... I would bet it's pretty high, hence the burnt tips.

After a transplant I wait a couple days to water or just give a splash.. but then it's right back to watering til runoff..... if the pots are still heavy the next day, wait a day to water. Still heavy the next day, wait another day, then water til runoff again. 10% runoff should do.

5.6 is a lil low too.. try more in the 5.8-6.0 range. It's ok to let it kinda drift around, but I have the best luck in that range for veg. In flower seems like 6.0-6.2 is best. Just recently figured that one out. Har har har

Let's see a pic of em. And fuck these other dudes... if you got questions, ask em. I'm usually around.

But for real.. did you check out the GH drain to waste chart? It's been pretty awesome. I can walk you thru it...... it's laid out much more simple than my crappy method. I really dunno why more people don't use it. You would prolly only need to get the Gro bottle and it's like 12 bucks a quart, you should have everything else needed.

• Like Like x 2
  14. #1814 demonpuke, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    edited

15. Yeah I did check out the grow chart man! I've been meaning to get some of the GH Gro too. Im going to feed again today, so when i do ill take some more pics. Im also thinking about throwing the scrog in the tent ao i can start training the plants to it.

16. Also, so the lineup of nutes i have are the Micro/Bloom, Cannazym, Cal/Mag, Photo Plus, Drip Clean, Sm-90, Roots Excel, Floralicious Plus, Liquid Koolbloom, FloraNectar, & Florakleen. Ive already dropped the cannazym out of the formula. So when I switch to flower, after I get my ppm's in my medium corrected, i should drop the micro/bloom down to 4/6, and continue to use the rest of the veg lineup the same through the stretch? I know you drop the roots excel out after about the first 2 weeks of flower, but when should i add in the flora plus, liquid koolbloom, & floranectar, & about how much of each?

17. Are you just saying what I'm saying, then saying I'm wrong?

When have I said to let it dry out totally? If it's too wet, then yes, it needs another day til it gets watered.. I'm glad you think plants in coco can't be overwatered, but you are wrong. Especially young plants and right after a transplant. Going easy on them at first helps to build a better root structure.. a good wet/dry cycle does wonders for this plant early on in veg. Watering til runoff right from the beginning is asking for trouble trouble trouble.

Now in late veg and flower after the containers have filled with roots, lay it on heavy.. you really can't give them too much water at that point.. but early on? Oh yea for sure.

I don't ever let my coco dry out.. but I do pick up the containers and if they are still heavy, I wait another day.. there is no buildup at all in veg.. it's non existent..

Only reason I get buildup is in flower.. and I figured out its cause I'm needing to be watering more frequently... 1 gallon two times a day during lights on is much much better than 2 gallons all at one time.

That's the answer and the key right there in flower... when the buildup happens in flower, watering frequency needs to be upped, which keeps the buildup in check and there doesn't need to be gallons and gallons put thru each pot.

• Like Like x 2
  18. And honestly, I really wish the know it all turds would quit posting in here while we figure this out.. you really posted nothing of any help to anyone.. florakleen in veg? Extra runoff for small pots?

Worst advice ever. Please go away.

• Like Like x 3

19. Everything I said about the different ratios and using different numbers and whatnot is obsolete. The GH chart is so much better. You should really follow along with it.

If you were.. you would see the first week of flower, you switch to a 4-4-4 with the nutrients.. so 4ml of Gro, 4ml of Micro, and 4ml of Bloom per gallon.

My advice is to forget everything I said before and follow the chart. I tried to make it up my own and I reckon I didn't realize GH's chart had been adjusted and is working way better than anything I ever put together myself.. I mean I prolly would have eventually figured it out,
    But GH already did it all so..........

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.