Iron's Method

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Ironhead, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As much as i hate todoit already i think im going to try to transplant em. I know i barely filled those cups up halfway with coco, & i didnt pack it down in there good and ive lost a lot while watering it coming out through the bottoms of the cups. And when i stopped bottom feeding and cut those roots off is when all my issues arrose

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I just transplanted and the roots seriously all looked dead! Like all dried up and brown.

• Like Like x 1

3. Let em dry out a couple days and feed them. Prolly didn't give em enough time to chill after chopping the roots, switching how you water, and topping them all at the same time.

Give em a few days and see how they do. Don't sweat it too much.. They will bounce back.

4. Okay, i went ahead and watered today with half strength at 350 ppm. I'll make sure i wait until saturday or until they dry out before i feed em again. Do u think there could be any chance that my tent is off gassing bro? I have an agromax tent and i know i read back a few years back people were having issues with them off gassing. Im sure they have gotten that problem resolved tho by now, but just watching em dwindle so fast is crazy. They did perk up a little after i transplanted though. The new growth seems to be growing a little faster as well. May just be my imagination though. Lol.

5. Any help with flushing hempys Iron? I have been following your regiment with RO water and am going for a 10 day flush which will complete on day 70 of flower.

Two 5 gallon hempys, ran 3 gallons of RO(ppm 20, added some fructose) through each and measured the runoff. First bucket was 1200ppm and the second was 1500ppm. My questions is, can I run as much water as physically possible or should I flood and drain the buckets multiple times on separate days?

Also, I know this is general question, but give or take when running a strain for the first time, when do you cut?

20%amber,80%cloudy?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hey Iron I got a question for you, How is your day going?

Hope all is well.

• Like Like x 2

7. Gassing off? Na man.. No need to worry bout crap like that. It's def how you are watering.. I shoulda told you to let it dry out a few days when going from bottom watering to top watering. My bad homie. Lots happened to these guys all at once.. You gotta take it easy on them, especially when they are young.. I know ha want to do everything to them cause you are excited about growing.. I was there at one point too! Just relax tho.. They will be fine. Remember this is your first grow.. Hell I didn't get a good harvest til I had been growing almost a full year. Lots of setbacks. That's growing/life. Haha

• Like Like x 2

8. Best thing I can tell ya is to do is water them like crazy. I was using 2 gallons a day on the 5gallon hempies to keep the ppm where it needed to be. During the flush, I use Florakleen at 10ml per gallon(sucrose and dextrose) which really helps the ppm to drop the first week, then water only til I chop it.

One thing you can do is water them real heavy, wait an hour and water them heavy again. Make sure you are getting rid of all the runoff tho.

These Bucketheads from Home Depot are the shit! 22 bucks for a badass wet vac. Hell ya. I highly suggest something like this. 1200-1500 runoff is way too dang high. It needs to be more in the 600-800 range. Any higher than that and you are just wasting nutrients by washing them out the back end.

I never check the plants trichromes. Once ya grow a few plants out, it's easy to see when they are nearing their end of life.. I like to take them all the way to the end.. Usually once the pistils have receded into the swollen calyxes, it's not much longer after that. Hope that helps hombre.

• Like Like x 1

9. Shoot brotha!

My day is going great! Harvest day is always good.

How you been man? Hope good.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hey, any idea what's going on with your leaf tips? I'm experiencing the same problem with my outdoor project grow
    image.jpeg
    Sorry for just busting in like this but another user recommended this thread for help as I'm using coco and am a beginner grower .

11. Yeah that's true bro. It's not my first grow, but it is my first grow in a tent, under led's and in coco. Ive always gone organic before with FFOF. So i never really went heavy on nutes. Just used some roots organics buddha bloom and grow and let em do their thing. And i ph'd. Lol. Didnt ever have a bad harvest though. Thanks again for all your help Iron!

12. I'm not 100% sure yet bro, but im starting to think its maybe from being over fed and the ppm's in the medium being too high at such a young stage.

• Like Like x 2
  13. #1674 treesisme11, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    First run using Ironhead Method, I am not using coco, but using sunshine #4. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

Veg:
    These OG Kush clones have been in veg just coming on the end of 3 weeks now. They all have been topped and have multiple node sites. The thing I am most impressed with is the overall health and strength of the stalk and branches. Just look at them!

[​IMG]

Close up on some top nodes

[​IMG]

Look at that underside! Beautiful!

[​IMG]

I am just generally impressed with the results I am getting so far. These will veg for 2 months total before going into bloom.

Bloom:
    These plants have been on the Ironhead method since week 1 day 1 of bloom. Before they were grown on the flora series feed chart recommendations with no additives.

Currently on week 3 day 5 of this bloom.

Here is top node flower site on a lavender Kush.

[​IMG]

Wide frame shot

These things droop so much during lights off. Almost look like they are wilting, but really just sleeping and getting ready for another days hard work!

[​IMG]

These are some smaller grape ape plants. First time running the strain. No hiccups so far besides the size of them (it might have had to do with lazy pruning during veg, always gotta make them work!).

Having said that I am quite impressed with the number and size of flower sites I'm seeing.

[​IMG]

Thanks Ironhead and anybody who checked this out, will post updates as we go!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Haha you answered my question man, just seeing how things were going for you. Everything's going great for me. Thanks again for all the help you give to everyone, anyone that listens can grow some nugs. I can't wait for winter to roll around, upgrading from a closet to a full room.

Sent from my VS810PP using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. So i went and checked on the girls tonight and the leaves were all nice and perked up and they looked happy for the first time in a while! Went ahead and turned the lights up from 70% to 80% also. Probably going to wait another day or two to water again also. Since i transplanted into those 5 gallons and watered with 3/4 of a gallon, i figure it'll take a bit longer to dry out.

16. Is this mold growing on my unused coco? [​IMG]

17. If so should i toss it? It has been staying really wet

18. I scooped as much as i could get out of it and sat it out in the sun for the day to let it dry out.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.