Ironheads method for success

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Ironhead, May 27, 2015.

1. What's up Ironhead - I have some seeds en route, so I'd like to get all set up and purchase everything you laid out here. I have some coco I'll be growing with.

I'll apologize in advance of this was already covered but is there a schedule of this formula? I guess I'm looking for a cheat sheet/spread sheet type deal that lays everything out. If this was already put out there just redirect me!

Thanks in advance!!

2. Hey Ironhead, I m new to forum but I've been growing in coco for a couple of years now . I have never used perlite but after reading your post I ll definitely give it a shot for my next grow beginning in a couple of weeks . Super cheese clones .
    have a look at my current grow nearly ready for chop . Big baws Barneys farm Acapulco gold and greenhouse seeds the church 400w coco.
    I will spend some time catching up on your previous post s so expect a few questions . Kudos and peace.......

• Like Like x 1
  3. Man ya know.. I've found that adding perlite just ups the work load later on... that extra drainage makes it really easy for the coco to dry out too much... prolly the best bet is to use 100% coco or like 10-20% perlite tops.. not 50% that's dumb of me to even say that. Haha

• Like Like x 3
  4. No worries iron head . I ll go with 10% next time round . Thanks.

5. Im so high! (Smacking my head with sneaker) lol.

Street Rules Bitch !

• Like Like x 1
  6. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hi everyone! I have been loosely following Ironheads coco method. From seed until week 4 my numbers going in and coming out of the coco were spot on. Once I started using 100% cocotek bloom nutes my run off numbers have been looking bad. My ppm is now reading higher than I am feeding and my ph goes in at 6.2 and has been coming out at 5.5. I also notice a slight yellowing creeping up the plant on its lower leaves. When my numbers started reading negative I flushed my 1 gallon pot with 1 gallon at 50% nute strength. Idk what to do next? Can anyone point me in the direction I should do to help fix this situation? Thanks in advance!

8. Jim? JIM!!!!! GET A GRIP JIM!!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Can someone post or pm me the most updated version of the ironhead method please. I grow in organic no till but my uncle was diagnosed with cancer and has decided to start a small grow and wants to go with chemicals over organic so I'm trying to get them on the the right path. Thanks

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1397723/

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'll try to KISS. First you got to get naked, then run around the house 3x... oh o no wait wrong thread! Lol

Silence, I Kill You... Are You Afraid?

• Like Like x 1
  11. In what way was that helpful?

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1397723/

• Like Like x 1
  12. it was simple

Im pretty sure this is the most updated thread.
    other then that if you search irons profile you should find his most recent postings about the further evoluting

13. Iron has changed this way of growing quite a few times now you may want to look at his other thread that is active.

This is it
    The House of Iron

• Like Like x 1
  14. So quick question for anyone who has gone from full on organic to ironheads method, what is the difference yield wise one can expect using this method? I know theres a lot factors to that but just a general estimate

15. To many variables and he's not using this anymore, if u check out his main thread he is using cocotek now and using the chart with a few adjustments. but hydro(coco) is alot faster than organic, that's the biggest difference is speed

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1395837/

• Like Like x 2
  16. Figures lol im 60 pages deep into this thread by this point lmao, oh well still might give it a go @Ironhead was there a reason why you switched off this method?

17. I recently grew a Blue Himalaya by Short Stuff seeds. It was bred to be a dwarf plant not growing more than 15" tall. Loosely following Ironheads method my plant grew over 30" tall and I will guess close to 2oz yield. Coco will have yields similar to hydro.

• Like Like x 1