Ironheads method for success

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Ironhead, May 27, 2015.

1. That might be to big to transplant into Coco
    The soil will retain water and not drain through like coco does
    Wait to see what Iron says before you do
    If it was mine I would do it, but if that is your only plant I would finish it or transplant into a larege rpot of the same soil mix,
    If you start knocking that rootball apart Im sure you will effect the growth and yield.
    I don't want to steer ya wrong, like I said a solo cup filled with solo I have done with no real ill effect.

• Like Like x 1
  2. P1010941.JPG P1010944.JPG P1010945.JPG
    this plant is nothing to me. I really just want to experiment with it. I have mothers and my main flower chamber is full sooo.... I have a small dresser that i might have to start some plants in soon to get a perpetual setup goin on

• Like Like x 3
  3. Cool Cab, LOL
    Then try it if you want
    I would lightly remove the rootball knocking some of that soil off carefully not the effect the roots
    Do you have Vam? If so sprinkle some on roots and in the hole you transplant into
    Lay a bed of coco down , some Vam and than the plant at the proper depth and fill in around with the coco./
    Just remember The soil will still hold water longer than the coco.
    i just don't water it as often so far so good

• Like Like x 1
  4. The vam doesnt seem to be very available over here. Smaller country.

The soil mix it is in is very light. It is one part perlite, one part verm, one part coco coir, one part compost and some amendments. It is a nice light mix. All my biger plants have a similar mix except with earth worm castings. Looking to expand my methods to find what works best for me

5. I give only water a few times during the week.. Every 3-4 feedings actually. I really only give the FloraKleen during the flush at the end of flower at 10ml per gallon. It's very very important that you flush the medium to get good white ash. Black ash is super no Bueno.

I have some time set aside tomorrow to get the new thread made up. I think y'all are gonna like the new way... I know I do.

• Like Like x 7
  6. I need to do this
    Water only?

• Like Like x 1

7. Water only every 3-4 feedings in flower yep! Not as important in veg, but I do it prolly once a week there too.

Helps keep the cost down and no doubt it helps the end product to burns better, smoother.

The Drip Clean def keeps things clean in the root zone.. No build up at all on the pots anymore. I do still do the water only deal tho.

• Like Like x 2
  8. OK cool
    So I am still OK tan just flipped not long ago
    I did screw up lol 2 days ago instead of 1ml/gal of the drips 1 added 5ml/gal
    So far the plants look normal Hope I did not damage them .
    I best The roots look amazing LOL

9. Sucks I wasted 5 feeding worth

10. today will be a water day Save some Chems woora

11. Super Lemon Haze on irons method [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 7
  12. Bring on the new thread!!!!
    Man living in Australia sucks trying to find all these nutes

• Like Like x 2
  13. Don't have much more then the basic yet But i'm looking forward to the new thread and continuing to build the collection and work at bring p better and better children. Thank you bro.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Not trying to get off topic but any other Aussies on this thread that have purchased the full list?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hopefully they are not effected by that in a negative way but I think it should be fine with if you flush it with a few gallons.

I once put 6ml of micro into the bloom bottle This is the reason is why I don't dab before I water anymore haha

Platinumkidd Coco LED/ CFL Grow

• Like Like x 3
  16. Never seen something that beautiful before!

• Like Like x 1
  17. fucking loop knows how to train those girls :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  18. I've transplanted much bigger plants than that from soil into coco and vice versa. It will most likely be fine, the bigger the pot you can put it in the better. Just make sure its more coco than soil.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Thank you Valve my man, she is prolly my favorite plant so far,i just hope the herb she gives me is just as good as the plant it self

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  20. Thats correct. I have done it plenty of times myself
    But he wants to grow Irons method
    Iron grows in pure coco/perlite mix no soil at all
    the soil will effect PH and the watering feed schedule for sure.

• Like Like x 2